55 minutes ago, tlr said:

Signed Witcher 3 is at spacelab too

http://spacelab9.theshoppad.com/#/product/the-witcher-3-original-game-soundtrack-game-of-the-year-edition-triple-lp

Said this at the bottom of the email:

coming soon from SPACELAB9: ELDER SCROLLS V: Skyrim, BORDERLANDS: Claptastic Voyage, RESIDENT EVIL: Vendetta

Dang, out of stock.

7 hours ago, batman said:

these look well done, so hopefully no surprises. 

Doesn't matter how well done they look but yeah they do look great. Shitty companies bandwagon hopping the vinyl bubble need to go away. Videogame soundtracks are the new thing people who don't own any vinyl enjoy paying $40 for; not worth it at all. It was TV last year I wonder what's next?

2 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Doesn't matter how well done they look but yeah they do look great. Shitty companies bandwagon hopping the vinyl bubble need to go away. Videogame soundtracks are the new thing people who don't own any vinyl enjoy paying $40 for; not worth it at all. It was TV last year I wonder what's next?

You're not wrong. I'd just rather have Dark Souls vinyl than not have Dark Souls vinyl. I don't really have any other expensive hobbies, so fuck it. I've never been one to protest with my wallet. If that were the case, I'd probably not eat Chick-fil-A as often as I do. I surely don't understand these kids buying records solely for the novelty, but that's a thing. I'm mostly annoyed by watching these little hipster tweens freak out about Taylor Swift on vinyl at local shops and taking selfies on snapchat to document how cool they are for being in a record shop. THE HOBBY.

3 minutes ago, batman said:

You're not wrong. I'd just rather have Dark Souls vinyl than not have Dark Souls vinyl. I don't really have any other expensive hobbies, so fuck it. I've never been one to protest with my wallet. If that were the case, I'd probably not eat Chick-fil-A as often as I do. I surely don't understand these kids buying records solely for the novelty, but that's a thing. I'm mostly annoyed by watching these little hipster tweens freak out about Taylor Swift on vinyl at local shops and taking selfies on snapchat to document how cool they are for being in a record shop. THE HOBBY.

Believe me its not easy haha they look really good. A quick perusal of Reddit looking for Dark Souls threads let me see just how many only own videogame soundtracks. It's a large number lol and they basically only talk about rarity.

One of these days the I really enjoy this {game, movie, TV show} so I've gotta' buy the vinyl to prove my fandom meme is going to die, and I'm looking forward to it.  Sometimes those games, movies, and TV shows have an actual score that's worth owning on a physical medium, but a lot of the retro bleep-bloop soundtracks are lost on me.  "It's so good man.  Doesn't this just take you back to that one level with that one boss?  Listen to that sick midi riff, fuck.  And look at this gatefold design!  It folds out into the final dungeon and glows in the dark.  How cool is that?"  Yowza.

The ones that are justified, though, could be worth grabbing when they're done right.  It's just my opinion, but if there's something notable about the compositions and score itself – that stand on their own, and not as a supplemental crutch to the game, movie, or show in question – then I'd say there's replay value, and it'd strike me as a fine purchase.  Unfortunately, "done right" and Spacelab are never synonymous.  This is the same label that's created an account just to drop little 1-post shit nuggets on the rug of VC – promoting the latest garbage release – and scamper away before anyone can roll up a newspaper or begin to scold.  Says a lot about the quality of product they stand behind.  If Mondo were releasing that Dark Souls set in a deluxe boxset edition, I wouldn't have a word to peep about this.  But considering it's Spacelab, I'd rather use my cash to scoop up their shit posts without dirtying my hands, than pay them for a product to waste my shelf space on.  I hope and pray they never get the rights to anything I'd be interested in picking up.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

One of these days the I really enjoy this {game, movie, TV show} so I've gotta' buy the vinyl to prove my fandom meme is going to die, and I'm looking forward to it.  Sometimes those games, movies, and TV shows have an actual score that's worth owning on a physical medium, but a lot of the retro bleep-bloop soundtracks are lost on me.  "It's so good man.  Doesn't this just take you back to that one level with that one boss?  Listen to that sick midi riff, fuck.  And look at this gatefold design!  It folds out into the final dungeon and glows in the dark.  How cool is that?"  Yowza.

The ones that are justified, though, could be worth grabbing when they're done right.  It's just my opinion, but if there's something notable about the compositions and score itself – that stand on their own, and not as a supplemental crutch to the game, movie, or show in question – then I'd say there's replay value, and it'd strike me as a fine purchase.  Unfortunately, "done right" and Spacelab are never synonymous.  This is the same label that's created an account just to drop little 1-post shit nuggets on the rug of VC – promoting the latest garbage release – and scamper away before anyone can roll up a newspaper or begin to scold.  Says a lot about the quality of product they stand behind.  If Mondo were releasing that Dark Souls set in a deluxe boxset edition, I wouldn't have a word to peep about this.  But considering it's Spacelab, I'd rather use my cash to scoop up their shit posts without dirtying my hands, than pay them for a product to waste my shelf space on.  I hope and pray they never get the rights to anything I'd be interested in picking up.

You've never been about soundtracks though--I think you just gotta accept that people may be into different things than you. I listen to all of the [game, movie, TV show] soundtracks that I buy and enjoy doing so because it's music that I genuinely enjoy. I just spun my Castlevania IV record earlier, and had fun doing so. I just went and saw Hans Zimmer perform nearly 3 hours of movie music with a stage full of 60+ musicians. It was one of the best musical experiences I've ever had in my life.

Spacelab has done some really dumb shit, but personally I'm still gonna buy their releases if it's music that I like. My wife won a copy of their 'Outlander' S1 soundtrack release in a giveaway and there isn't anything wrong with it. Not my cup of tea, but a fine release.

And at the end of the day, I can't get too caught up in what other people do or don't do with their records because it just doesn't affect me. One day the bubble is gonna burst and all this shit is gonna be worthless anyway. 

1 hour ago, batman said:

You've never been about soundtracks though--I think you just gotta accept that people may be into different things than you. I listen to all of the [game, movie, TV show] soundtracks that I buy and enjoy doing so because it's music that I genuinely enjoy. I just spun my Castlevania IV record earlier, and had fun doing so. I just went and saw Hans Zimmer perform nearly 3 hours of movie music with a stage full of 60+ musicians. It was one of the best musical experiences I've ever had in my life.

Spacelab has done some really dumb shit, but personally I'm still gonna buy their releases if it's music that I like. My wife won a copy of their 'Outlander' S1 soundtrack release in a giveaway and there isn't anything wrong with it. Not my cup of tea, but a fine release.

And at the end of the day, I can't get too caught up in what other people do or don't do with their records because it just doesn't affect me. One day the bubble is gonna burst and all this shit is gonna be worthless anyway. 

My stance on soundtracks [in general] is a moot point to bring up with my initial post, though.  I'd like to reiterate the part where I said that I wouldn't uttered  a word if Mondo had released a Dark Souls boxset, or something.  But Spacelab literally rips the MP3 files found on the disc and bundles it up in a package that appeals to fanatical gamers – sometimes with glaring design flaws, other times without.  99% of the people buying their releases are doing it for the novelty and collectibility; I wouldn't be surprised if their customer-base primarily framed records or mounted them on a "gamer shrine" instead of playing them.  Which, hey... do what you want, I guess.  I just wish people wouldn't support such a garbage label.

4 hours ago, clerk3745 said:

source? when should I be ready?

Well, since their teaser newsletter in April, they've announced or released in that order. Witcher, Dark Souls, Skyrim... and since Dark Souls is now out...

I'm too lazy to do the maths, but whatever the time frame between Witcher and DS was, I'd apply it to this. Unless that Adventure Time repress is considered their next release.

11 minutes ago, No This Is Patrick said:

Well, since their teaser newsletter in April, they've announced or released in that order. Witcher, Dark Souls, Skyrim... and since Dark Souls is now out...

I'm too lazy to do the maths, but whatever the time frame between Witcher and DS was, I'd apply it to this. Unless that Adventure Time repress is considered their next release.

Ahhh I guess I either didn't get or don't remember their newsletter. Thanks.

15 hours ago, batman said:

it's 74 min. The time stamps from the product listing match the times in my iTunes library. maybe a UK release w/ the DLC tracks as well?

Only the first Dark Souls has all the music. The second and third need way more space. The real soundtracks with full length songs do exist. The Spacelab laziness at work here. Whoever made that mockup even knew you'd need more than 2 discs.

Edit: since the edited down versions all fit on a CD (70-80 min) I'm just going to assume they didn't bother and figure no one will notice them using that version. I bet Mondo would have used the actual full soundtracks what a shame these idiots got a hold of them.

DS2 is an 1h38min before the DLC which is another 50

Edited by Sunshine