Gilead Media / Eroding Winds - August update

3a10_20150824updateheader.jpg

As summer flies by over here at Gilead Media HQ we are preparing for our deluge of year-end releases. The Kowloon Walled City LP and Dead To A Dying World CD/2LP are both at the plant and will be ready for an October 16th release date (although DTADW vinyl will come a bit after that), and the Fórn 12" EP and their split 7" with Yautja will both be coming in November alongside the new Yellow Eyes LP and Krallice LP (announcement below).Then, In January, we will be presenting the new Vhol LP and the debut LP from Lake Of Violet, which contains current members of Locrian, Kwaidan, and Sun Splitter, and the ex-drummer of Minsk. Great stuff. But preparations for all these great records are definitely keeping us consumed.

Despite how busy it's been behind the curtains, I've been trying to take time to step away personally and make sure I relax a bit. Two weeks ago I went kayaking on the Oconomowoc River with one of my oldest friends, Jason. It was a long day of paddling, considering it was my first time on the water for the year, but it was well worth it. The view was beautiful and the weather was perfect. This last weekend I got out on the water locally with my Dad. It was quite windy, which made for some exciting paddling. There were times when we were rising and dropping at least three feet in between surges of waves. Not bad for his first kayaking experience!

There's no good reason I shouldn't be kayaking almost every weekend at this point. It's easily my favorite free-time activity and there are rivers and lakes everywhere around Oshkosh. And if the weather this last week in Wisconsin did anything, it reminded me that fall is just a month away. And although the colder months are my favorite, the available days to get on the water are counting down quickly. I hope you guys have been making the most of your summers.

Today's newsletter is a pretty quick one, but make sure you sign up for the Eroding Winds newsletter at the link below. Gilead Media newsletters will remain monthly, but the Eroding Winds ones are going to begin going out soon, and probably on a bi-monthly basis.

I. Krallice - Ygg huur LP announcement + Years Past Matter 2LP repress
II. Kowloon Walled City new LP cover + title announced
III. Eroding Winds new arrivals + newsletter signup
IV. False, Pale Chalice + more in stock at Debemur Morti Productions
V. Oshkosh Area Humane Society yearly fundraiser

I. KRALLICE - YGG HUUR LP ANNOUNCEMENT + YEARS PAST MATTER 2LP REPRESS

3a10_relic73mid_1.jpg

At the end of June Krallice unleashed their new album, Ygg huur, upon an ensuspecting audience via their bandcamp page. I was lucky enough to see them perform the new album in entirety during their July 27th show at the Acheron while on a brief trip to NYC. The new material continues to astound me.

On the new album Krallice stride further from the black metal influence that they founded the band upon, and bring to the forefront many of their own personal and technical styles. The result definitely still feels very Krallice, but is a clear and definite new path for them.

The vinyl edition of Ygg huur will be released as a single LP in a thick jacket with a printed inner sleeve. It will be available to pre-order sometime in November. In the mean time, you can check out the record over at the Krallice bandcamp page, hit it: https://krallice.bandcamp.com/album/ygg-huur

3a10_krallicerepress.jpg

Also, the repress of the previous Krallice album, Years Past Matter, just arrived from the plant today. The re-press order was placed in March, so I'm relieved they're finally here. 200 copies, all 180 gram black vinyl (identical to the first pressing), shipping now from Eroding Winds: http://www.erodingwinds.com/product/krallice-years-past-matter-2lp-repress/

II. KOWLOON WALLED CITY - GRIEVANCES COVER ART REVEALED

3a10_kwcgrievances0500.jpg

If there is one thing that's tough about running a label, it's keeping stuff under wraps, and this Kowloon Walled City LP has been one of the toughest, without a doubt.

Their last LP, Container Ships, was one of my favorite records of the last 15 years, so the level of excitement around here is through the roof. Many of you know how much I love sharing info about the process, teasing the cover art, teasing when I receive rough mixes or final masters of the audio. Well, for this one, I haven't been able to do that. And it's been driving me nuts!

But now we're here, it's coming soon. Track premieres will be coming down the line shortly via the CD label, Neurot Recordings. And it's time to start sharing.

Below I've included the official artwork + album title release info from Earsplit PR. The record will be called Grievances, the artwork rips, and it will be presented as a gatefoled LP with download code included. Here's the official word:

01-KWC-bw-table-1-DSC_0690-e143801153083

KOWLOON WALLED CITY will release their long-awaited new full-length this Fall. Grievances, their third album and first for Neurot Recordings and Gilead Media, finds the San Francisco band at its artistic peak, having moved even further away from its sludgy, post-hardcore origins and toward a sparser, sadder, yet still de-tuned heaviness.

This shift began with 2012's critically successful Container Ships, which Lambgoat described as, "spacious," and, "mildly hypnotic," with a, "Shellac-like use of dead time and instrumentation," and The Obelisk called, "cerebral in approach." On Grievances, the band takes these elements to even greater extremes. The strings rattle. The guitars crackle and blister. The notes ring out, at turns bleak and beautiful - sometimes both at once.

"We dug into this expansive, less distorted vibe. The songs are mostly slow and bummed out but we still want them to push, to have energy," said vocalist/guitarist Scott Evans.

Evans, together with guitarist Jon Howell, bassist Ian Miller, and drummer Jeff Fagundes spent over two years working on the seven songs for Grievances. The intense editing process weeded out about two albums' worth of material. Howell's unusual chord changes and discordant aesthetic channel Unwound and Slint. Miller's gritty bass adds a surprising layer of depth and melody, while Fagundes' drums resonate in what sounds like an impossibly large room. Evans' shouted vocals are raw with frustration and disappointment, but without the veneer of macho aggression.

"We're not interested in doing something that's good enough - we want to do something that we believe is good," said Miller. "With Scott's concept and sonics and Jon's playing and our rhythm section, we feel like should be able to do something interesting. But it's hard work."

The concept of work forms the thematic foundation of the entire record, from the cover art to the title and the lyrics. Whereas previous KOWLOON WALLED CITY releases were largely inspired by the band's hometown of San Francisco, Grievances focuses its attention on our complex relationships with work and the power our employment - and employers - have over us.

As with KOWLOON WALLED CITY's previous releases, Evans recorded and mixed, starting in Sharkbite Studios and finishing in his own Antisleep Audio, both in Oakland. "We're not a fancy band. There are no effects to speak of, no reverb, no delays," said Evans. "We each play one guitar, one pedal, one amp. So there's not much to hide behind. I try to respect that in our recording process and our recordings."

Grievances Track Listing:
1. Your Best Years
2. Grievances
3. Backlit
4. The Grift
5. White Walls
6. True Believer
7. Daughters And Sons

KOWLOON WALLED CITY formed in 2007 and has released an EP, Turk Street (Wordclock, 2008), and two full-length albums, Gambling On The Richter Scale (Perpetual Motion Machine, 2009) and Container Ships (Brutal Panda, 2012), as well as two splits. Among the bands it has shared stages with are Neurosis, Tragedy, Sleep, Thou, Coliseum, Zozobra, Fight Amp, Roomrunner, The Body, and Helms Alee.

Grievances will be released worldwide on October 9th, 2015 on Neurot Recordings, with vinyl on Gilead Media. Preorders to be announced in the coming weeks.

http://www.inthewalledcity.com
http://www.facebook.com/kowloonwalledcity
http://www.neurotrecordings.com
http://www.facebook.com/neurotrecordings
http://www.gileadmedia.net
http://www.facebook.com/gileadmedia

III. ERODING WINDS NEW ARRIVALS + NEWSLETTER SIGNUP
In the two months since our last newsletter many new items have come through the door over at Eroding Winds, and new stuff is added weekly. Take a look at the absurdly long list below containing all new arrivals and restocks. I'm sure you'll find something to catch your eye. Hit the link to view the newest arrivals: http://www.erodingwinds.com/?orderby=date

Also, we will soon have a separate newsletter for Eroding Winds updates that will go out on a more frequent basis than the Gilead Media label updates. Please be sure to sign up here: http://eepurl.com/bp-42z (Note: When you order from Eroding Winds you are automatically added to the newsletter!)

Take a peek at the full list of goodies below the images...

3a10_distrosquare3.jpg
3a10_distrosquare2.jpg
3a10_distrosquare1.jpg

NEW ARRIVALS (114 titles)
Abyssal - Novit Enim Dominus Qui Sunt Eius 2LP (import) - $22.20
Aelter - IV: Love Eternal LP (Blake Green of Wolvserpent, highly recommended!) - $20.00
Aelter - II: Follow You Beloved LP - $15.00
Akatharshia - Demo 12" - $18.00
Alda - Alda LP (import) - $16.50
Alkerdeel / Nihill - The Abyss Stares Back #4 LP (import) - $17.50
Altar Of Plagues - Sol LP (import) - $27.00
Altar of Plagues - White Tomb LP (import) - $27.00
Amenra - Mass IIII 2LP (import) - $25.00
Ancst - In Turmoil CS - $6.00
Barbelith - Mirror Unveiled LP - $15.00
William Basinski - The Deluge LP (white vinyl) - $18.75
Bee and Flower - What's Mine is Yours 2LP - $22.00
Bell Witch - Four Phantoms CD - $11.00
Bell Witch - Demo 2011 LP - $17.00
Boris - Noise 2LP - $24.60
Boris - Heavy Rocks 2011 2LP - $26.50
Boris - Attention Please LP - $23.70
Bosse De Nage - All Fours 2LP - $24.00
Bosse De Nage - All Fours CD - $10.00
Evan Caminiti (Barn Owl) - Meridian LP - $14.85
Cavernlight - Corporeal CS - $5.00
Conan - Monnos LP (import) - $20.50
Crimewave - Collection II CS (Solo project of Andy Gibbs from Thou) - $6.50
Crimewave - Collection I+II 2CS (Solo project of Andy Gibbs from Thou) - $12.00
Devouring Star - Through Lung and Heart 2LP (import) - $29.80
Devouring Star - Through Lung and Heart CS (import) - $7.65
Dorthia Cottrell - Dorthia Cottrell LP (Windhand vocalist's solo LP - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) - $15.55
Diocletian - Gesundrian LP (import) - $24.00
Diocletian - Annihilation Rituals 2LP (import) - $30.55
Disguised as Birds CS (excellent noise rock from Milwaukee, highly recommended) - $4.00
Disrotted - Disrotted LP - $12.25
Drudkh - Forgotten Legends LP (import) - $18.20
Elder - Lore 2LP - $25.00
Electric Wizard - Black Masses 2LP (import) - $32.00
Electric Wizard - Witchcult Today 2LP (import) - $32.00
Envy - Atheist's Cornea CD - $12.30
Envy - Abyssal LP - $13.30
Envy - Compiled Fragments 2LP - $16.10
Fister - IV 12" - $14.00
Gloam - Hex Of Nine Heads CS (great black metal from the bay area, highly recommended) - $6.00
Gnaw Their Tongues - Abyss Of Longing Throats CD - $13.80
Gnaw Their Tongues - L'Arrivee LP (import, damaged jacket) - $8.00
Head Dress - Backwards CS - $6.00
Hollow Tongue - Time/Death 7" - $5.00
Hope Drone - Cloak Of Ash 2LP - $24.00
Imperial Triumphant - Abyssal Gods CD - $10.50
Impetuous Ritual - Unholy Congregation LP - $20.60
Indesinence - III CD - $11.50
Indian - Live at Roadburn 2014 LP (import) - $17.40
Inquitision - Ominous Doctrines of the Perpetual Mystical Macrocosm 2LP (import) - $25.20
Inquitision - Ominous Doctrines of the Perpetual Mystical Macrocosm CS - $7.80
Inquisition - Nefarious Dismal Orations 2LP - $25.50
Iskra - Ruins LP (import) - $15.00
Keeper - The Space Between Your Teeth 12" - $14.00
KEN Mode - Success LP - $19.00
King Dude - Songs Of Flesh & Blood - In The Key Of Light LP - $19.95
King Woman - Doubt LP - $15.00
Krallice - Dimensional Bleedthrough CS - $7.50
Krallice - Krallice CS - $7.50
Krallice - Years Past Matter 2LP (repress) - $20.00
La Haine - As Seasons Change, So Do you CS - $5.00
Locrian - Infinite Dissolution LP (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) - $16.65
Locrian - Infinite Dissolution CD (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) - $12.50
Marriages - Salome LP - $19.00
Midnight - Satanic Royalty LP - $18.00
Midnight - No Mercy LP - $17.25
Mizmor - Untitled Winter EP 12" (the cassette finally available on vinyl!) - $19.20
Moonblood - The Winter Falls Over The Land 12" (import) - $16.60
Mutoid Man - Bleeder LP - $19.00
Nihill - Verderf 2LP (import) - $20.50
Nocternity - Harps of the Ancient Temples 2LP (import) - $25.35
Obsequiae - Aria Of Vernal Tombs CD - $13.50
Om - Pilgrimage LP - $16.80
Oxcross - Tree And Stone CS - $5.00
Panopticon / Skagos - Split CD - $9.00
Pissgrave - Suicide Euphoria CD (import) - $9.00
Planning For Burial - Leaving 2LP - $24.00
Portal - Outre LP - $18.00
Portal - Seepia LP - $18.00
Portal - Swarth 2LP - $25.50
Predatory Light / Vorde - Split LP (highest recommendations! amazing split) - $15.00
Prefuse 73 - Every Color Of Darkness LP - $15.15
Prefuse 73 - Rivington Não Rio LP (the new full-length, highly recommended) - $15.15
Prurient - Frozen Niagara Falls 3LP (import) - $32.20
Pyramids - A Northern Meadow LP - $30.50
Rosetta - Quintessential Ephemera 2LP (the new full-length) - $19.10
Samothrace - Live at Roadburn 2014 LP (import) - $17.40
Sannhet - Revisionist LP - $16.00
Seidr - For Winter Fire CD - $9.00
Shape Of Despair - Monotony Fields 2LP - $25.20
Shape Of Despair - Monotony Fields CD - $12.60
Sumac - The Deal CD - $11.00
Sunn - OO Void 2LP (newly repressed) - $28.70
Sunn - Black One 2LP (newly repressed) - $28.70
Sun Worship - Surpass Eclipse LP - $15.00
Territory - Blowback 7" - $5.00
Twilight Fauna - Hymns of a Forgotten Homeland 12" - $12.00
Tyranny - Tides Of Awakening 2LP (import) - $38.20
Tyranny - Bleak Vistae 2LP (import) - $38.20
Ufomammut - Ecate LP - $16.40
Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats - Mind Control LP (import) - $32.00
Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats - Blood Lust LP (import) - $29.00
Vanum - Realm Of Sacrifice CD - $11.50
Steve Von Till - A Life Unto Itself CD (Highest recommendation! My album of the year probably) - $14.00
Weedeater - Goliathan LP - $19.60
Withered - Folie Circulaire LP (import) - 16.50
Chelsea Wolfe - Unknown Rooms LP - $17.15
Chelsea Wolfe - The Grime and the Glow LP - $19.75
Chelsea Wolfe - Abyss 2LP (the wonderful new album, darker, louder, and moodier. Her best work) - $24.00
Chelsea Wolfe - Abyss CD (the wonderful new album, darker, louder, and moodier. Her best work)- $15.00
Chelsea Wolfe - Live at Roadburn LP (import) - $20.50
Chelsea Wolfe - Pain is Beauty 2LP - $24.65
Zombi - Surace To Air LP (import) - $14.00

RESTOCKS (53 titles)
Abstracter - Wound Empire LP - $14.00
Anicon / Belus - Split LP - $14.00
Bathory - Blood Fire Death LP (import) - $25.00
Bathory - Nordland I+II 2LP (import) - $27.00
Black Cilice - A Corpse, A Temple LP (import) - $17.35
Black Cilice - Mysteries LP (import) - $17.35
Blood Folke - Blood Folke CD - $8.00
The Body & Thou - You, Whom I Have Always Hated LP - $14.85
The Body & Thou - You, Whom I Have Always Hated + Released From Love CD - $13.45
The Body & Braveyoung - Nothing Passes LP - $14.85
The Body - Master, We Perish 12" - $12.75
The Body - I Shall Die Here LP - $14.40
Bohren & der Club Of Gore - Piano Nights 2LP (import) - $33.00
Bölzer - Aura 12" (import) - $15.30
Bölzer - Aura CS - $7.65
Botanist - VI Flora LP - $15.50
John Carpenter - Lost Themes LP - $17.50
Caverne - Chants des Heros Oublies LP (import) - $21.80
Caverne - Des Trefonds du Haut Bois LP (import) - $21.80
Drudkh - A Furrow Cut Short 2LP - $24.00
Electric Wizard - Come My Fanatics 2LP (import) - $32.00
Full Of Hell + Merzbow CD - $11.00
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - F#A# infinity LP - $15.15
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven 2LP - $19.00
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Yanqui U.X.O. 2LP - $19.00
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Allelujah! Don't Bend, Ascend! LP - $19.00
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Asunder, Sweet And Other Distress CD - $12.30
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Asunder, Sweet and Other Distress LP - $20.00
Have a Nice Life - The Unnatural World LP - $16.50
Inquisition - Magnificent Glorification Of Lucifer 2LP - $25.20
Isis - Panopticon 2LP - $22.00
Isis - Oceanic 2LP - $22.00
Lycus - Demo LP - $12.00
Memnon Sa - Citadel 2LP (import, highly recommended) - $29.50
Jason Molina - Let Me Go LP - $13.70
Jason Molina - Pyramid Electric Co. LP - $13.70
Nasum - Human 2.0 LP - $16.65
Nasum - Helvete LP - $16.65
Nasum - Shift LP - $16.65
Nasum - Inhale LP - $16.65
Pale Chalice - Afflicting The Dichotomy Of Trepid Creation CD - $8.00
Panopticon - Social Disservices CD - $10.00
Planning for Burial - Desideratum LP - $15.00
Primitive Man - Home Is Where The Hate Is LP - $16.65
Sadhaka - Terma CS (import) - $8.00
Songs: Ohia - Songs: Ohia LP - $13.70
Songs: Ohia - Ghost Tropic LP - $14.70
Sun Worship - Elder Giants LP (import) - $16.50
Wardruna - Yggdrasil 2LP (import) - $32.00
Yob - Catharsis LP - $19.00
Yob - Clearing The Path To Ascend 2LP - $24.00

Order records now: http://www.erodingwinds.com

3a10_distrosquare6.jpg
3a10_distrosquare5.jpg

IV. FALSE, PALE CHALICE + MORE IN STOCK AT DEBEMUR MORTI PRODUCTIONS
Our European pals at Debemur Morti Productions are now stocked up on all of the recent Gilead Media releases. Euro folks should head over there to pick up some LPs and save a bunch of money on shipping. View the entire in-stock Gilead Media catalog here: http://www.debemur-morti.com/en/189-gilead-mediahttp://www.debemur-morti.com/en/189-gilead-media

V. OSHKOSH AREA HUMANE SOCIETY YEARLY FUNDRAISER
As many of you already know, my companion Cari works at the Oshkosh Area Humane Society, our local animal shelter. She has made animal welfare the primary focus in her professional life, going above and beyond to connect animals with their forever homes. We have fostered well over a hundred little buddies ourselves (oftentimes those that require special care and attention), and we've adopted many companion animals from the shelter ourselves.

The Oshkosh Area Humane Society is a certified non-profit, and spends roughly $90,000 annually on medical expenses for the animals. This is the time of year where the Shelter looks to raise a good portion of that medical budget through donations. OAHS is a Life Saving Shelter, where every adoptable animal is given a chance to find a home. They never euthanize for space. Their mission is to inspire responsible pet ownership and kindness towards all living things. They advocate for animals in need while promoting the human animal bond.

If you have some spare dollars burning a hole in your pocket, please head on over to Cari's First Giving page to donate now. Every little bit helps more than you can ever know. I'm at the Shelter nearly every day. Animal welfare is a part of our lives. And through her work at the Shelter, Cari has been an important part of the lives of thousands of animals and their people. Her passion and dedication inspires me daily.

Please help if you can: https://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/cari-tetzlaff/walk-for-the-animals-2015

I'll have a lot of info for you on the upcoming releases in a couple weeks. Stay tuned, folks.

Until next time...
- Adam / Gilead Media

+ Website / Blog: http://www.gileadmedia.net
+ Online store: http://www.erodingwinds.com
+ Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gileadmedia
+ Instagram: http://instagram.com/gileadmedia
+ Tumblr: http://gileadmedia.tumblr.com/
+ Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/gileadmedia

Recent releases from Gilead Media:
RELIC58 - False - Untitled (2015 full-length) 2LP/CD (only 200 2LPs left)
RELIC67 - Pale Chalice - Negate the Infinite and Miraculous LP (only 75 left)

Up next:
RELIC60 - Thou - Ceremonies of Humiliation 2CD
RELIC64 - Dead To A Dying World - Litany 2LP/CD
RELIC68 - Kowloon Walled City - Grievances LP (CD on Neurot)

Coming later in 2015:
RELIC69 - Fórn / Yautja - Split 7"
RELIC71 - Fórn - Weltschmerz 12" EP
RELIC72 - Yellow Eyes - Sick With Bloom LP
RELIC73 - Krallice - Ygg huur LP

Coming in 2016
RELIC16 - Thou - Tyrant 2LP re-issue
RELIC36 - Thou - Peasant CD (re-master/re-issue w/new art)
RELIC31 - Thou - Summit LP repress
RELIC66 - Vhol - Deeper Than Sky LP
RELIC70 - Lake Of Violet - The Startling Testimony of Plumb-Lines LP

Sorry if this is too offtopic but I recently bought a copy of Fell Voice's untitled record that came with a download code, but the link to redeem said code is no longer a website. What do?

Also, fuck yes, will probably be grabbing that Years Past Matter reissue.

Shoot me an email, we will get you straightened out.

• 2 months later...