Fleeting Youth Records Label Thread

Nice! I love that someone had the balls to add a cassette forum here ;)  

My name is Ryan and I run Fleeting Youth Records out of Austin, TX. We are an almost-2-year-old-mostly-tape label that has put out 32 cassette releases so far. 

Want a sample of the label? 

A lot of releases have sold out, so I will post what we have in stock and then post new releases as well. 

I'm also a huge fan and support other labels, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys are putting out too. 

Feel free to contact us, send us demos, whatever.

fleetingyouth.png

IN STOCK: 

Kissing Party- Looking Back It Was Romantic But At The Time I Was Suffocating (Indie Pop/Twee; FFO: The Pastels)

https://fleetingyouthrecords.bandcamp.com/album/looking-back-it-was-romantic-but-at-the-time-i-was-suffocating

The Bats Pajamas- No Hello (Grunge Punk)

https://fleetingyouthrecords.bandcamp.com/album/no-hello

DIV I DED- Born to Sleep (Dream Pop)

https://fleetingyouthrecords.bandcamp.com/album/born-to-sleep

LA Font- Hangtime Vol. 1 EP (Indie Rock)

https://fleetingyouthrecords.bandcamp.com/album/hangtime-vol-1

Newest Release/Pre-Order: 

0005671372_10.jpg

Experimental Pop/Avant Folk - FFO: Andrew Bird, The Microphones

NYC-based collective Company of Selves are set to release their debut album, Butterfly Handlers & Memory Travelers, on cassette/digi formats on Sept. 25th via Fleeting Youth Records.

The first taste of the record is the gracefully layered, Presidential Model. Laced in elegant guitar plucks, woozy piano, and swirling undercurrents of various instruments, is a story about a woman beginning to awake from a world of mind-controlled imprisonment. 

I stand by Fleeting Youth, the quality of the tapes is certifiable and I've loved almost every release I bought. Glad to see you guys were able to step up to vinyl.

You guys don't have any more of those Sister Raygun prints, do you? or plan to do any more? Those were sick, I just couldn't justify the price at the time.

I stand by Fleeting Youth, the quality of the tapes is certifiable and I've loved almost every release I bought. Glad to see you guys were able to step up to vinyl.

You guys don't have any more of those Sister Raygun prints, do you? or plan to do any more? Those were sick, I just couldn't justify the price at the time.

Thanks!! Yea, we took the leap but man-- vinyl is a tough game. 

No more Sister Raygun prints, unfortunately. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
contest.png

We found some stragglers so we are giving them away for free! 

On FB, Twitter, or IG: 

1. Follow us

2. Share pic (once or once on each social site) 

3. @ us and include the hashtags #iwanttapes and #fleetingyouthrecords 

We'll announce the winner on Friday.

sale.png

20151011_134728.jpg

Prolific NYC birthed band Le Rug are set to release their new collection of unreleased tracks (70+ songs), Game Over, on cassette/digi formats on November 20th via Fleeting Youth Records. The first song is the all-to-infectious pop burner, "Bomb".

Bomb:

As a follow up to his touted introductory collection, Press Start, and his brooding one-man-band record, Swelling (My Own Worst Anime), Ray Weiss brings us Game Over; an all-to-infectious stockpile of some of Weiss and company's strongest pop material (including an album produced by John DeNicola, Academy Award winning songwriter known for his songs "(I've Had) The Time of My Life" and "Hungry Eyes" from Dirty Dancing), mixed with basement bangers, experimental freak outs, and a 44-song album with a short song dedicated to each US President. 4 albums + a slew of unreleased loosies, all unheard and ready to be adored by post-punk fans around the world. 

• 2 weeks later...

20151011_134728.jpg

Prolific NYC birthed band Le Rug are set to release their new collection of unreleased tracks (70+ songs), Game Over, on cassette/digi formats on November 20th via Fleeting Youth Records. The first song is the all-to-infectious pop burner, "Bomb".

As a follow up to his touted introductory collection, Press Start, and his brooding one-man-band record, Swelling (My Own Worst Anime), Ray Weiss brings us Game Over; an all-to-infectious stockpile of some of Weiss and company's strongest pop material (including an album produced by John DeNicola, Academy Award winning songwriter known for his songs "(I've Had) The Time of My Life" and "Hungry Eyes" from Dirty Dancing), mixed with basement bangers, experimental freak outs, and a 44-song album with a short song dedicated to each US President. 4 albums + a slew of unreleased loosies, all unheard and ready to be adored by post-punk fans around the world. 

beautiful release.

• 2 weeks later...
lerug2.jpg

1779:

‘1779‘ is another firm, intoxicatingly brash slice of garage pop that adds further weight to his bloated collection of songs that is set for release on November 20th via Fleeting Youth Records.

While said tape contains a “44-song album with a short song dedicated to each US President“, new track 1779 deals in something far more muscular, a near four-minute brazen display of chugging guitars and Ray Weiss’ drunken-waltz of a lead vocal, the kind of guttural catapult that throws in you straight in to the blinding light whether you cared for it or not. Like feeling wildly wasted in the frenetic rush of the day, it’s an energetic and wholly impulsive moment of escape – and you can stream below right now.

Pre-ordered the tape + Kissing Party.

Do you happen to have pressing info for them (for list purposes)?

Thanks for ordering, guys! Expect some extras.

Le Rug- Game Over (FYR033)

Release Date: 11/20/2015

First pressing of 50

Pro-dubbed cassette tape with full-color 3-panel j-card: Violet on Light Gray

Kissing Party- Looking Back It Was Romantic But At The Time I Was Suffocating (FYR027)

Release Date: 6/30/2015

First pressing of 50

Pro-dubbed cassette tape with full-color 3-panel j-card: Cream on Lipstick Red

• 3 months later...
GK%2BPRESS%2BCOLORS.JPG

Ghost King's debut album, BONES, was recorded live in 3 days and finds McNeil and company blending Spires-esque pop psychedelia with gravelly grunge vocals and garage rock swells. The first taste from the record, "When The Sky Turns Blue", touches on the latter as rumbling bass lines grind against wandering guitar licks and McNeil's infectious throaty wails. The mix of moods reflects McNeil's musings on loneliness, alienation, and existing in a dark place where beauty and sunlight is more nightmarish than comforting.

• 3 weeks later...