Thunderbitch (Brittany Howard from Alabama Shakes)

Not sure how I missed this but looks like Brittany from the "shakes" has a side project and dropped an album. Sounds pretty solid, so I grabbed one as not many were probably made. The shop looks like it's through the Shakes webstore, so may be a "not on label/self release". I did a quick search to see if this has been talked about but I did not see anything so here ya go.

https://youtu.be/4s3CN-8a3aM

Webstore:

http://alabamashakes.shop.redstarmerch.com/Product.aspx?cp=55395_72097&pc=AZLP04&view_in=Mobile

http://www.thundabetch.com/

i don't think this band is hurting...they are playing some pretty big places and festivals

Yeah, they're one of the biggest bands in the country right now so a side project like this probably isn't going to set them back that much. I'm not saying you're wrong, and I have no clue how many they pressed, I just doubt it, that's all. 

I liked the album when I streamed it. Not sure I need a physical copy though. I actually prefer the funkier, groovier "Sound and Color" stuff as opposed to the more rockin' Shakes. 

i don't think this band is hurting...they are playing some pretty big places and festivals

It's not the whole band, from what I read it seems like it's just brittany and some new folk. I'm hoping it gets a bigger release, so I can find it without having to pay $7+ for a single LP shipping.

It's not the whole band, from what I read it seems like it's just brittany and some new folk. I'm hoping it gets a bigger release, so I can find it without having to pay $7+ for a single LP shipping.

Even more reason. I could see your point if it was a side project of the drummer and people were like who? But Brittany is the face of this band that has a huge following. You can justify your thinking but it's a little flawed

it was going to let me check out with 800 so there are probably a good amount of these

Even more reason. I could see your point if it was a side project of the drummer and people were like who? But Brittany is the face of this band that has a huge following. You can justify your thinking but it's a little flawed

Well I guess I stand corrected. Didn't realize she was making bank. Guess I'm in the wrong profession.

I got this in the mail today. For those on the fence, it's a great release. Gatefold sleeve, lyrics insert, download card. The front and back of the sleeve are completely black with the title and song titles on raised font. Heavyweight, black vinyl is nice and quiet.

Good to know, thanks! Finally got a chance to listen, and bought a copy today.