Anyone know whats up with Bird Tapes?

I tried to get some stuff from them last month but the site went to an "closed for August until we can catch up on orders." Now it goes to a redirect page for Limited Run.

Tried a couple emails w/o a reply.

Does anyone know what the deal is? Are they don't or just still catching up? Curious.

• 1 month later...

RE: SALT tapes

wasn't trying to get anyone's hopes up was just trying to put the information out there

We made 100 random colored cassettes, but we didn't sell any of them - wanted to get it out there though so I threw it into some orders for free. I love 'nintendo 64' and 'not so tough' was originally trying to release a cassette of unreleased songs but Alex didn't want to, instead he sent over SALT. I like when our cassette releases have balanced A/B sides and also to include little extras which is why there is an extra track on the cassette I believe the file was just called "chicken".

Was meant more as a promotional item for his next record, which obviously we didn't end up releasing so these tapes never went up in the store - wouldn't feel comfortable sellin em. I just wouldn't spend too much money trying to get one.

Just counted and I have 86 so I'll see if Alex wants anything to do with em

http://i.imgur.com/M3dmdfM.jpg

Like I said, I'm not comfortable selling them right now but I'll look into it. I'm just not into people selling/buying our releases for so much, I tried to give everything to labels (DDW + RFC) that I knew would sell em for a reasonable price - SALT was kept with me for a reason.

To everyone asking me about other releases I might have some Fog Lake tapes but that's about it.

Like I said, I'm not comfortable selling them right now but I'll look into it. I'm just not into people selling/buying our releases for so much, I tried to give everything to labels (DDW + RFC) that I knew would sell em for a reasonable price - SALT was kept with me for a reason.

To everyone asking me about other releases I might have some Fog Lake tapes but that's about it.

What if I like order you a pizza or something then? ;)

thanks for hooking RFC up, I was very happy to be able to pick up the split w/ R.L. Kelly!

Okay i finally found this thread and have a better understanding of what was going on. Definitely understand the hesitation on selling them as they were originally not intended to be sold. Since everyone is seeming to call a place in line just in case though, I'd like to ask to do the same if possible. I've wanted this for so long it's crazy man even the hope is such a bright light in what was such a dim tunnel for so long 

Yeah there's no line or dibs, and thanks for all the messages but I promise if there's any decision made to sell them I'll post here.

Honestly the releases I have left are the releases people weren't buying in the first place so I don't know if anyone's interested - I probably have some CSD waste yrself tapes but that was just re-released on vinyl and cs definitely worth it to pick that up instead uh I have some personal copies of some things but I wouldn't feel too good about ebay-ing that stuff so I wouldn't know how else to sell anything so limited.

BRD002 SW/MM/NG - Feel Not Bad Demo CS

BRD006 Julia Brown - To Be Close To You CS (2nd pressing)

BRD017 Thee Ahs - Corey's Coathangers CS

DSTR002 Fog Lake - Holy Cross EP CS

DSTR005 Samira Winter - 30 Days CS

DSTR008 Free Cake For Every Creature - young professional CS

DSTR009 Ghost Gum - Demos CS

Yeah there's no line or dibs, and thanks for all the messages but I promise if there's any decision made to sell them I'll post here.

Honestly the releases I have left are the releases people weren't buying in the first place so I don't know if anyone's interested - I probably have some CSD waste yrself tapes but that was just re-released on vinyl and cs definitely worth it to pick that up instead uh I have some personal copies of some things but I wouldn't feel too good about ebay-ing that stuff so I wouldn't know how else to sell anything so limited.

BRD002 SW/MM/NG - Feel Not Bad Demo CS

BRD006 Julia Brown - To Be Close To You CS (2nd pressing)

BRD017 Thee Ahs - Corey's Coathangers CS

DSTR002 Fog Lake - Holy Cross EP CS

DSTR005 Samira Winter - 30 Days CS

DSTR008 Free Cake For Every Creature - young professional CS

DSTR009 Ghost Gum - Demos CS

I'd be down for fog lake, julia brown and salt tbh I'd be down for one of each