Netflix / Amazon Prime original series

I don't understand how the nephew's testimony could even be used. He never says two things that are consistent. That poor kid is so dumb.

Without coercion, I was under the impression that the course of events that seemed most honest were where he was at home, watched tv, and just had a fire with Avery that night. Fairly certain he told the exact same version twice, which was the only consistent testimony of the bunch.

How they allowed the blood sample to be admissible was where I was confused - if they knew it had been contaminated, isn't it useless? And the fact that the test went from needing over a year to process and prepare to less than 2 weeks...didn't seem very trustworthy.

Seriously. Also, there's no way the nephew could keep up a lie.

What he described to police while being coereced would have left an insane amount of blood at the scene too.

The only consistent thing he has said over and over is his alibi in which he states that he was playing video games, spoke to his brother's boss, spoke to his mom, went to the bonfire and came home. Every time he recounts this story there's no deviation from the timeline he gives.

There are some slimy motherfuckers in Wisconsin. Ken Kratz and his annoying woman's voice needs a punch in the neck.

I refuse to believe that Colburn just randomly called in the plates of her car, and then specifically asked if the plates were for a 99 Toyota. There is no scenario that I can picture that doesn't have him standing in front of the car in that moment (after she was already reported missing). I don't understand how a bigger deal wasn't made of this.

Also the issue with the deleted voicemail on her phone, and the ex-bf admitting he "guessed" her information and got into her phone account, and then him also lying about his timeline sounds super fishy. I think he needs to be looked at more

My favorite part of Making a Murderer is now when I scroll through my news feeds on social media, everyone is now an expert.

LOL seriously.

I'm on episode 4. So far the whole thing is way too bizarre to be true. He just got out of prison. Why the hell would he do something like murder? I know he's dumb as shit but still. When they interview the people in the pool hall the one women is right. He was suing for $36 million and probably would have won. No way that po-dunk town had that kind of money to pay out.

Remind me to stay the hell away from Manitowoc County.

LOL seriously.

I'm on episode 4. So far the whole thing is way too bizarre to be true. He just got out of prison. Why the hell would he do something like murder? I know he's dumb as shit but still. When they interview the people in the pool hall the one women is right. He was suing for $36 million and probably would have won. No way that po-dunk town had that kind of money to pay out.

Remind me to stay the hell away from Manitowoc County.

I doubt he would have won the $36 million. Didn't every state and federal investigation of that case reach the conclusion that there was no wrongdoing by the Manitowoc County Police Department? Besides, he would've settled long before the lawsuit ever came to a conclusion. Most he would've gotten was a couple million.  

Why would he murder someone? I don't know. Why does anyone murder anyone? I'm not going to make $36 million in my entire life, but I'm pretty sure I'm still not going to murder anyone. If I knew I was going to make $36 million soon, I don't think it would make me less likely to commit murder. Steven Avery may not have been planning a murder, but he had plenty of reason to be pissed off. He'd been in jail for 18 years for something he didn't do. Maybe this Teresa Halbach woman turned down one of his advances. It does kind of seem like he was stalking her (although the ex-boyfriend was stalking her even more). It's not like Steven Avery doesn't have a history of violence. He threatened a woman with a gun before the wrongful rape conviction. He wrote his wife letters from prison saying he was going to "fucking kill" her. He was accused of rape a year after getting released from the wrongful rape conviction (but the case was dropped because the county thought it wouldn't look good). He supposedly told other inmates about how he was going to build torture chambers. And don't forget about the burning of the cat. Sure, some of this is hearsay, but there's plenty to suggest that Steven Avery had the potential to do it. None of that is proof he did it, but it certainly shows he's capable and starts to break down that "why" would he do it when he had all that money coming. 

But did he have the smarts to do it and cover it up? I doubt it. But never underestimate a man who is fighting for his freedom. 

Was telling the girlfriend this this morning -- anyone who's been on a jury knows how hard it is. It's not like school where you take a test and when you are done, someone tells you if you got it wrong or right. Never know. And the stakes actually matter, as someone's life could be in your hands.

There's some cases where the person is dead to rights -- on video, with DNA evidence, and the person admits to it. In this case, there likely isn't going to be a trial. If it goes to trial, there's at least some reasonable argument that can be made for both sides in most cases. No matter what happens, you never know if you made the right decision or not. It kinda sucks.

• 4 months later...
8 hours ago, FiggyPuddling said:

In the middle of season 3 of The Killing right now.  I know it's not technically a "Netflix Original," but I guess it is now since they picked it up for that last (4th) season.

Anyways, I really love it.

I loved everything about this show 

Is anyone into Chef's Table? Because if you haven't seen it yet you should watch it immediately. The 2nd season just released and it's incredible! 

Also, I know it wasn't originally a Netflix production, but I'm a huuuuuuuge fan of Lilyhammer and very disappointed that it won't be returning. But I'm glad we managed to get three seasons of it.

The Killing started out good and then season 2 was like a wet fart...then season 3 was one of the most remarkable, human seasons of television I've encountered. A completely different show that wasn't afraid to look at difficult subject matter or embrace the depressing realities of character's lives. Season 4 was a rock solid finish to the show too.