Netflix / Amazon Prime original series

10 hours ago, FiggyPuddling said:

Anyone else watch "The OA" yet?

I just finished it and I loved it.  It's gotten quite a few mixed reviews, but if you're a fan of, or have seen any of Brit Marling's previous stuff, then you have a good idea of what to expect.

I watched it when it dropped. I really enjoyed it. Lots of questions though.

On 12/31/2016 at 10:51 AM, Twistedshabazz said:

If you like hip hop and or docs, hip hop evolution was quite good. Quick 4 part history from the 70s up to NWA. 

Starting The Get Down now. 

(I have like 15 seasons of shows i need to catch up on. I suck at this)

The Get Down is so fucking good

Anyone watching Travelers, the new sci-fi series from Brad Wright, who used to do Stargate? It's pretty well done if you can get past the fact that the premise makes no sense, though admittedly I'm only halfway done and maybe that is addressed at some point. I'm enjoying it. 

Edited by dawhizz

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 0:26 PM, dawhizz said:

Anyone watching Travelers, the new sci-fi series from Brad Wright, who used to do Stargate? It's pretty well done if you can get past the fact that the premise makes no sense, though admittedly I'm only halfway done and maybe that is addressed at some point. I'm enjoying it. 

I just finished the pilot. Seems interesting enough. I find it interesting that Netflix has like 100 shows but advertises hardly any. Didn't know it existed prior to today. I also haven't seen any reviews on the show, is it worth the watch?

I recently started watching Black Mirror as well! Currently up to season 3 episode 3, "Shut Up and Dance". I'm not quite sure how I feel about it, a lot of the episodes are a little too heavy handed but they're all really well done and the writing in certain episodes is really strong. The standouts for me so far are "Shut Up and Dance", "The Waldo Moment" and maybe "White Bear". Loved John Hamm in the Christmas special too.

I also really loved the first season of Stranger Things, every season so far of Orange Is The New Black and I'm eagerly waiting for A Series Of Unfortunate Events this week!

Edited by Hanabi

9 hours ago, Han Solo said:

I started Black Mirror today and I've already finished about four episodes. Really interesting so far 

8 hours ago, batman said:

a few of those episodes really blew my mind. solid series.

The Entire History of You left me feeling quite empty, having been in one of those un-trusting relationships before. A few people I know were left feeling quite destroyed after watching that one. Be Right Back had a particularly creepy vibe, and an excellent cast as well. I loved the White Christmas special. The new episodes are excellent. I'd have to say San Junipero was the highlight for me. Clint Mansell scored it, and it's one of the few episodes that had a positive spin. Sometimes you need that, when everything else seems so bleak. 

Another positive is, there will be a 4th season. When Netflix renewed it, the commissioned Charlie Brooker for 12 episodes. I'm really glad they decided to split it up a bit as well. 

@THE_James_Champ knows what's up. Clint Mansell's "Waves Crashing on Distant Shores of Time" is awesome. Also loved the episode  "Fifteen Million Merits".

I think the heavy-handedness is intentional.  It's absurd to the point of satire, while hitting some really relevant truths about our age of modern technology. 

I feel as if the ideas aren't that far off. I saw an advertisement for a possible contact lens that films and plays back that is currently in very early stages of development. That seriously sent shudders down my spine. 

The Nosedive teleplay was written by Rashida Jones and Michael Schur, and hilariously, felt like the Meow Meow Beenz episode of Community, but it really does make you think. How far are we from a real life rating system. People already rate themselves based on twitter followers, likes, retweets, hell even here with rep. How long before our full self worth is based upon it.

15 hours ago, THE_James_Champ said:

I'd have to say San Junipero was the highlight for me. Clint Mansell scored it, and it's one of the few episodes that had a positive spin. Sometimes you need that, when everything else seems so bleak. 

Another positive is, there will be a 4th season. When Netflix renewed it, the commissioned Charlie Brooker for 12 episodes. I'm really glad they decided to split it up a bit as well. 

I had heard positive things about that episode, so I jumped ahead to watch it. I agree, it was very well done. Is there a date for the fourth season yet? I'm moving through these quickly haha. 

9 hours ago, Han Solo said:

I had heard positive things about that episode, so I jumped ahead to watch it. I agree, it was very well done. Is there a date for the fourth season yet? I'm moving through these quickly haha. 

I really hope sometime late this year. Netflix's schedule for new seasons doesn't follow the standard that network TV does....so hopefully not forever,

I can't stress what I'm about to say enough... long gone are the days of excellent content like Orange Is The New Black, Daredevil and Stranger Things. A Series Of Unfortunate Events is a vile, melancholy television program and Netflix must be punished. There is very little if any positivity to be taken away from this program and so I suggest that anybody looking for a happy ending do themselves a favor now and look away and watch something more delightful, like Fuller House.

In all seriousness I'm about half way through it and it's absolutely fantastic so far! It's everything the movie was but also everything from the books that it wasn't and then some.

Edited by Hanabi