Netflix / Amazon Prime original series

• 5 months later...
52 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Stranger Things is still my favorite thing ever.  Season 2 was awesome.  I love everything about this show.  I want season 3.

It really sucks when you binge watch the new season in 2 days and your like crap now I need to wait another 363 days before a new season happens.  Season 2 was great.  Few things I disliked, but not enough for me to not enjoy the season.  

It also sucks when it's been like 3 days since the show premiered, you've been too busy to watch more than 3 episodes, and your iPhone keeps sending you news article alerts about "Creators of Stranger Things discuss the heart-breaking twist of Season 2" and "How this scene in the first season of Stranger Things predicted the chilling finale of Season 2".  It's been less than a week! Let me be with the references to twists and finales!

I'm taking this season slower than I normally do for stuff that drops all at once. I'm only on episode 3. 

5 minutes ago, swb said:

It also sucks when it's been like 3 days since the show premiered, you've been too busy to watch more than 3 episodes, and your iPhone keeps sending you news article alerts about "Creators of Stranger Things discuss the heart-breaking twist of Season 2" and "How this scene in the first season of Stranger Things predicted the chilling finale of Season 2".  It's been less than a week! Let me be with the references to twists and finales!

I feel you. I already know some of the stuff that happens. It can't be escaped. And I hate it. 

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, FiggyPud said:

New season of Black Mirror was unbelievable.  Usually each season has at least one episode that I don’t really care for, but there wasn’t one to be found in this one.

Yes! Metalhead was such a thriller. And I absolutely loved Hang The DJ.

On 12/31/2017 at 10:21 AM, FiggyPud said:

Defintrly felt like this seasons “San Junipero” in a way.  Amazing.

And that last episode was pretty fucked up (and awesome).

I liked it a lot more, the characters had better chemistry and the reveal had more heart to it. 

I finally dug into Sneaky Pete over the weekend, already addicted.

18 minutes ago, FiggyPud said:

Also, anyone else watch that show “Dark” on Netflix?  I loved it so much.

It’s seriously a (German) combination of Twin Peaks, Stranger Things, Lost, The Leftovers, and Broadchurch.  Can’t go wrong if you’re a fan of any of those shows.  Definitely worth checking out.

watched the first two episodes of Dark so far, its so good.  

1 hour ago, FiggyPud said:

It’s seriously a (German) combination of Twin Peaks, Stranger Things, Lost, The Leftovers, and Broadchurch.  Can’t go wrong if you’re a fan of any of those shows.  Definitely worth checking out.

A group on my friends really talked this show up.  So I was sick in bed Christmas weekend and binged watched all 10 episodes in a day.  My final opinion was "meh."  No nearly as fun as Stranger Things.  Once I got to episode 7 it felt like a chore continuing to watch and also remembering everything.  I think binge watching didnt help.  And the ending was lackluster.  I would give the series a 6.5/10   But ALOT of people I know would give it a 9/10 so no one take my word on it.  Just wasnt my thing.

11 hours ago, FiggyPud said:

Came in here to throw my support behind all of this. For what it's worth I thought this show was absolutely incredible. Definitely needs to be watched in German with the English subs, though. I heard the dubbing was awful.

11 hours ago, dnl said:

For those of you with Amazon Prime, check out The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. I'm not that big of a fan of a majority of Amazon's output, but this one is incredibly funny.

YES!!!  It was SO GOOD! 

11 hours ago, omik11303 said:

Came in here to throw my support behind all of this. For what it's worth I thought this show was absolutely incredible. Definitely needs to be watched in German with the English subs, though. I heard the dubbing was awful.

the dubbing was SO BAD that I only made it 15 minutes in and turned it off the first time.  I wrote off the show because of it, but my sis in law said to watch it with the subtitles instead and it makes it so much better.

19 hours ago, FiggyPud said:

I can’t believe people even attempted to watch it dubbed.  Any time I watch something dubbed like that, all I can think of is Kung Pow and I can’t take it seriously at all.

It defaulted to the dubbed version, for whatever reason, I dont think that many people actively go out of their way to watch shows dubbed.

39 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

It defaulted to the dubbed version, for whatever reason, I dont think that many people actively go out of their way to watch shows dubbed.

Yeah I remember starting the show up and I knew it was gonna be in German so I was like “mmmm, better check the settings first.”  So I hurry and changed it before it really got started haha.

And you’d be surprised at the amount of people who can’t do subbed stuff.  It’s real sad actually...

On 1/2/2018 at 11:20 PM, omik11303 said:

23 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

YES!!!  It was SO GOOD! 

the dubbing was SO BAD that I only made it 15 minutes in and turned it off the first time.  I wrote off the show because of it, but my sis in law said to watch it with the subtitles instead and it makes it so much better.

This. I got about 15 minutes into the dubbed version and turned it off. The dubbing was annoying in general, but the English dialog was just plain bad. The scene with the kids bickering in the morning was brutal - "I'm on a hunger strike until the world's problems are solved!" If you can switch to the original German with English subtitles I will give it another shot.