Help me help YOU get MondoCon records (details inside)

tetsuodaironman

Okay, here's the deal. Ever since separating with my children's mother, it's taken me a bit to establish myself because of having to get a new car and a new place which I wasn't completely financially prepared for. I am interested in going to MondoCon, but it just so happens that it's on my rent check which leaves me kind of broke. I also live in Dallas which is a 3-hour drive away, plus I need to come up with the $45 to get in to the convention.

That being said, I am willing to go to MondoCon and wait in line and drive and do all of this work for you guys if you can all pitch in with some extra money to help me out with gas and a ticket at the very least. That is literally the only way I can afford to help you guys out and get what you want. I will only pick up records and NO PRINTS unless there are no lines because I heard last year some of the lines for posters were hours long and I have to drive back to Dallas the same day.

All you have to do is tell me what you want me to pick up with shipping included in the amount you send me and let me know what you are financially willing to help me out with to make this trip to get everyone records. I am not going to give a price, but if you offer me $5 I will most likely not respond to you because I'm going to have to be hauling a decent load all day and that would be insulting. I would prefer if there was 10 or less people because I don't think I could manage 30+ records, hah. And depending on how many people ask, I would have to limit how many things I can pick up for you because, again, I wouldn't be able to carry a shit ton of records around all day.

Okay, guys. I hope I get a good response because I would really like to go to get a record or two for myself and help you guys out! Thanks!!!

Last year the records were sold at the same place as the prints (I believe) but they haven't announced the line system for this year yet so it could go either way.  Also with the expanded vinyl selection and demand for it, I can see them limiting releases to one per person like they do with prints.  Basically you may want to wait till more info is posted next week before promising too much.

Last year the records were sold at the same place as the prints (I believe) but they haven't announced the line system for this year yet so it could go either way.  Also with the expanded vinyl selection and demand for it, I can see them limiting releases to one per person like they do with prints.  Basically you may want to wait till more info is posted next week before promising too much.

You are right. I think I am just gonna take 5 people for now. If things are way limited I will just send the money back starting with the last person on the list. No harm, no foul. 

No problem. Hate to be a buzz kill, but I have had lots of people asking me about stuff...and I have been waiting till more info is released before taking anyones money.  

If you do end up going say hi if you see me and feel free to PM me with any questions (I'm no expert, but I have been scanning EB, facebook and instagram for every bit of info.)

No problem. Hate to be a buzz kill, but I have had lots of people asking me about stuff...and I have been waiting till more info is released before taking anyones money.  

If you do end up going say hi if you see me and feel free to PM me with any questions (I'm no expert, but I have been scanning EB, facebook and instagram for every bit of info.)

For the record (no pun intended), I don't even think I'm grabbing Army of Darkness or Black Swan for myself. Kinda just want that Mulholland Drive print by Kevin Tong.

I bought two of my buddies who live in Austin tickets to the show and the Halloween screening so they could grab stuff for me.  Would've offered you the same because it would've meant I was only on the hook for 1 admission instead of 2.  

Dude, that sucks! So far, I only have two people down.

I'd hit you up if we could be sure you could actually get something, for your sake and mine. I'd PM Mo if I were you and see if he can shed some light on your circumstance. He seems pretty receptive and open to answer our questions.

I'm pretty sure someone gave the green light to Andrew prior to attending the Halloween release in a similar situation. 

I'd hit you up if we could be sure you could actually get something, for your sake and mine. I'd PM Mo if I were you and see if he can shed some light on your circumstance. He seems pretty receptive and open to answer our questions.

I'm pretty sure someone gave the green light to Andrew prior to attending the Halloween release in a similar situation. 

I talked to Mo. He's going to let me grab multiples for the boards. That being said, I have two people already helping me out. Close enough to get a ticket, but not enough for gas for the trip. If anyone wants me to get them stuff then now is the time to hit me up!