Android (OS)

6 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

we use chromecast all over our house

has anyone jumped to google's cell phone service?  our contract with ATT is up in June and I am ready to look elsewhere

with Pixel, I also went to project fi. It's been great My fiancee and I are on one plan and paying about $75 a month for both phones and 2 GB of data on each phone, We continuously only use about 1 GB a month so every month we get credited about $20 for the data we don't use. Out of pocket, our monthly bill is about $90 because her phone is being payed for in installments ($27) + her phone's device protection ($5) and taxes ($5). Essentially our data use credit pays for her phone.

Signal wise, it's fine if you live in a major area that has decent coverage from both GSM and CDA signals as the pixel has both antennae. If you keep wifi on and use that for everything, it's really good. Also the standard wifi calling when you call someone (if you have a wifi connection at the time) is really clear and sharp.

I would say go for it as there is no contract sort of thing, so if you don't like it in the end you can get a sim card with another provider and go at it.

As far as the Pixel's cost, yes it is very expensive, but it's about on par with Iphone prices (which is what Google was going for with this line of phones I believe), they do have a payment plan that you can work into with project fi and if you do decide to get it, I would highly recommend you do so through google as they will automatically replace the phone if it malfunctions within a year. If you don't then you will need to pay the manufacturer to fix it (not worth the cost)