Android (OS)

It's the same thing as battery life. People used to OBSESS over it on the Android Central boards. They even built apps to catalog when it's being used and what's using it. The site itself made a statement and said that stressing over battery life is stupid. The battery was made to die and recharge, not last forever and that if it bothers you so much carry a charger at all times or shut up haha.

That's true too, haha. I've been seeing my battery drop more lately, so I think I need to buy a new battery. But that just happens.

Don't know if I should try an aftermarket battery. The only downside I've seen is no NFC, but I have no use for that as it is.

Until Android Pay becomes a legitimate thing I have no use for that shit either. You can usually find cheap OEM batteries on eBay.

I'm sayin', Apple Pay was a bust too. Google Wallet worked anywhere that supported PayPass but only like 2 gas stations and Radio Shack had those scanners in my area.

Hm. In that case, not worried about NFC.

Revisited BlissPop and still had the email proble, but someone on XDA recommended a different gapps file and that actually did the trick! People really know their stuff on there.

Liking this one so far. Not thinking about changing it anytime soon.

Hmm, I assume this is the update to fix that stagefright exploit, but there's already a 2.0 exploit floating around. I honestly don't know what's so dangerous about it, people shouldn't be opening MMS media from an unknown contact anyways and it looks like the most offensive thing this does is spam your browser app.

This update is rootable and there's already ROMs for it, I just don't want to go through the process of installing Xposed Framework again now that I have it back!

My phone is going to be fucking dead within a week. Apps force close very frequently, even my fucking keyboard force closes every minute or two. Apps won't open, my music and photos aren't recognized by the phone, this is bullshit. I can't even text people without the messaging app force closing.

My phone is going to be fucking dead within a week. Apps force close very frequently, even my fucking keyboard force closes every minute or two. Apps won't open, my music and photos aren't recognized by the phone, this is bullshit. I can't even text people without the messaging app force closing.

Time to root/ROM that warlock!

Did you recently update it or it's just slowly starting to bust?

I love using CM ROMs, but every single one lowers my speaker volume. I have no idea why this happens. I've tried different one on both 5.1 and 5.0. I love how stripped down they are (getting rid of bloatware).

I'm trying to find something similar. Like, ones that remove all bullshit apps that are pre-installed because 16GB sucks.

That's why I hated Android platform. I've been fighting all day to try and make my GF's android tablet work (a gift from her parents) and a Dell Windows tablet work (a gift from my parents).

I will gladly sacrifice endless modifications and customizations for simplicitic ease of use and user friendly functionability.

I don't own a computer so I've been tryin to find a way to make either of these damn tablets mirror to the TV via our Blu-Ray player since it uses miracast....fucking nightmare scenario shit with both tablets continually crashing to the point of the android tablet is stuck in a safe mode loop....and then the windows tablet does the exact same thing. Wish I had money for either a computer or Apple TV and AirPlay.

I have an 11 year old iPod (pre click-wheel) that still runs like a champ, a first gen iPod touch that still runs like a champ.

I have two non iOS tablets that have never been used that I can't get to even turn on...

Fair enough. There is a high possibility that the android phone I had sucked. Even a higher possibility that this tablet sucks.

Still more of a reason for me to want iOS devices for the sheer fact of consistency (bundled in with easy of use and functionality)

Going from an HTC G2 to a two year old used iPhone 4s with smashed front and back glass was absolutely marvelous. I've never owned an apple computer. Just iPods and now this iPhone 4s.

If there were consistency in Android and compatibility between the platforms (apps dropping at the same time, identical emojis, both would read and play the same files, ect) I would be stoked.

It just feels like VHS vs BetaMax or MP3 vs ATRAK (insert any failed SONY format vs the standard)

Have people made android devices that support iOS yet? I know you could get Mac computers that you could boot up Windows or Mac OS....cross platform performance and then Apple would be in trouble