Want: My Dad's Texas Psych Band 45 from 1967

kperri

http://www.gofundme.com/dad-sixdeep Please help!!... We want The Six Deep "Girl Its Over/ I Must Go" 45 on De'Lynn Records label.  We aren't sure how to get this thing started really, so we are sharing this where ever we can.  We are in desperate need of getting my Dad's super rare 45 rpm record for his 70th birthday.  Unfortunately it is way out of my wife and I's price range.  Dad, like most hippies, didn't keep any of his old music stuff and moved on to a professional career.  We just recently found out he was even in a band!  Please contribute to our GoFundMe and definitely spread the word!  Thanks for your help VC!  http://www.gofundme.com/dad-sixdeep

So you came to a message board to ask strangers to buy you a 500 dollar record? Why are you asking for 540? after buying the record do you plan on getting lunch?

Wait... this could be even more sinister!

How we do we know that the poster isn't also the seller?!!?!?!

The 40 bucks is to cover the eBay fees he'll also owe!!!

So...let's see. What would I do if I wanted to buy something... I think I'd GET A JOB. Save some money. Then buy it. I can't see any reason why anyone should crowdfund your purchase.

I'd really love for someone else to pay for my upcoming tattoo, but that's just not going to happen.

From your gofundme statement,

1) he's your father-in-law.

2) you keep saying "we" on here, but in your link you say you're the only one going forward with this.

3) at least one of the photos you have claiming to be Paul Box is actually a photo of Roger Koshkin, the original keyboard player of the band according to sources I have found.

We just recently found out he was even in a band!

we have nothing as a family to remember his historic musical achievements except for a couple of pictures.

Mr. Box (Dad) thought it was hilarious when we told him that his record was very rare, collectible, and worth over $500.  He said, "That damn thing shouldn't even be a dollar!"  

Sounds like you want it more than he does, to be honest. 

If you just want a record with his music on it, check out discogs. There's a compilation called "Bad Vibrations Vol. 3" that includes his song "Girl, It's Over" that regularly sells between 15-20 dollars, and another called "Project Blue Volume 3" that sells for a little more, but his song is the first track on the album.

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Bad-Vibrations-Vol-3/release/3603515?ev=item-vc

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Project-Blue-Volume-Three-Nevermore-USA-Teen-Punkers-65-67/release/4034687?ev=item-vc

http://www.gofundme.com/dad-sixdeep Please help!!... We want The Six Deep "Girl Its Over/ I Must Go" 45 on De'Lynn Records label.  We aren't sure how to get this thing started really, so we are sharing this where ever we can.  We are in desperate need of getting my Dad's super rare 45 rpm record for his 70th birthday.  Unfortunately it is way out of my wife and I's price range.  Dad, like most hippies, didn't keep any of his old music stuff and moved on to a professional career.  We just recently found out he was even in a band!  Please contribute to our GoFundMe and definitely spread the word!  Thanks for your help VC!  http://www.gofundme.com/dad-sixdeep

Wow. Reading the title of the thread, I thought maybe you were asking for help in finding your dad's record. But instead, you're asking for people to help pay for it?

GO FUCK YOURSELF.

Please help!!... We want Peanut Butter Zig Zag by So Delicious ice cream.  We aren't sure how to get this thing started really, so we are sharing this where ever we can.  We are in desperate need of getting my Tummy's super delicious ice cream for my dessert.  Unfortunately it is way out of my wallet and I's price range.  Me, like most vegans, can't afford any of the delicious vegan stuff and moved on to sitting in sadness.  We just recently found out Wegman's even has the brand!  Please contribute to our GoFundMe and definitely spread the word!  Thanks for your help VC! 

Please help!!... We want Peanut Butter Zig Zag by So Delicious ice cream.  We aren't sure how to get this thing started really, so we are sharing this where ever we can.  We are in desperate need of getting my Tummy's super delicious ice cream for my dessert.  Unfortunately it is way out of my wallet and I's price range.  Me, like most vegans, can't afford any of the delicious vegan stuff and moved on to sitting in sadness.  We just recently found out Wegman's even has the brand!  Please contribute to our GoFundMe and definitely spread the word!  Thanks for your help VC! 

Donate to my GoFundMe instead--I'm raising money to buy a copy of Chung King. I'm not putting any of my own money towards it--I want all of you nice people to help me out :)

Hey guys... I am asking for $540 because GoFundMe charges you money as well as some company they use to for each donation made. Thanks for the input.  I was just asking for a bit of help.  btw... all of those pictures are of Paul Box.  I do have a job as a teacher and my wife runs funkylittleshop on instagram.  Neither of our jobs is enough to be able to afford $500 right now.  I know its hard to believe, but we live pretty much paycheck to paycheck like 90% of America.  If you can't help, you can't help.    

Hey guys... I am asking for $540 because GoFundMe charges you money as well as some company they use to for each donation made. Thanks for the input.  I was just asking for a bit of help.  btw... all of those pictures are of Paul Box.  I do have a job as a teacher and my wife runs funkylittleshop on instagram.  Neither of our jobs is enough to be able to afford $500 right now.  I know its hard to believe, but we live pretty much paycheck to paycheck like 90% of America.  If you can't help, you can't help.    

Why can't you just buy him one of the comps instead for $20? It's cool/nostalgic/sweet you want to do that for him, but it seems kind of crazy to buy a $500 record for someone that you just NOW found out was in the band. He may not even have an interest in it anymore.

3) at least one of the photos you have claiming to be Paul Box is actually a photo of Roger Koshkin, the original keyboard player of the band according to sources I have found.

btw... all of those pictures are of Paul Box. 

No they're not? Your father in law wasn't even in the band until 1967, and you have photos of him on there in '66. Plus I found two websites that had the members listed under that bottom photo on your page and both said it was Roger Koshkin in January '67.

What's going to happen to everyone's money if someone buys it before you?

No they're not? Your father in law wasn't even in the band until 1967, and you have photos of him on there in '66. Plus I found two websites that had the members listed under that bottom photo on your page and both said it was Roger Koshkin in January '67.

What's going to happen to everyone's money if someone buys it before you?

Yeah, it's very clearly two different people in those photos, and even a cursory google search brings up information about the band and the photos with name listed.

According to Ken Hitchcock, your father-in-law isn't even on the record.

From his YouTube video of the song:

1967 Texas Garage Band classic Girl, It's over. The Six Deep. Earliest example of Punk Rock. Did The Six Deep invent Punk Rock? www.myspace.com/thesixdeep Ken Hitchcock, David Everett, Jim Keriotis, Bill Donley, Roger Koshkin and Bobby Welch were key members of the east Texas garage band "SIX DEEP." Their single, GIRL, IT'S OVER, charted regionally in 1967 and is a prized and very expensive 1960's vintage collector's item. Many remember their writing as decades ahead of its time and their live performances are now described as legendary. Some say this was the first Punk Rock Band! The bible-belt just wasn't ready for them. Also please see: www.thesixdeep.com