Beach House - Thank Your Lucky Stars (10/16)

Per Pitchfork:

"Beach House's most recent album, Depression Cherry, was released in August. However, the band has just announced Thank Your Lucky Stars, another full-length LP due October 16.

"We are very excited, it's an album being released the way we want," the band wrote on Twitter. "It's not a companion to Depression Cherry or a surprise or b-sides." (We beg to differ: It very much IS a surprise.)"

Per Beach House's FB:

"It was recorded at the same time as Depression Cherry, but for us, it's very much a different record. All of its songs were written after the DC songs. Along the way we realized that we didn't want it to be released in the traditional manner. Mainly, we just wanted our listeners to hear it first."

12081222_926768714063575_822465431_n-560

PRE-ORDER: $18.98 $17.99 (Amazon)

I'm a little confused by their "how we wanted to release music" comment.  Were they not happy with SubPop or how DC was released?  Does that dissatisfaction go for only the release method or the album's content as well?  So many important questions.

Maybe just because DC leaked so far in advance, and with this one they were able to spring it on people right before it releases.

https://twitter.com/indievynl/status/651949240961380352

...and the limited promo variant this time is glitter.

I am sure it will be US only, I am kind of torn here.. I leave on holiday Saturday and won't be back until November. I am unsure what I should do, buy the US Loser Edition or see if there is a Limited Bell Union in Europe... Arrrgh

Yeah it's hard to think of this as a cash grab when it's shipping next week. Means it's been done for months.

Yeah, I don't know. Just feels like they recorded 18 songs for DC and split it into two releases (even though they say its a completely different record). Just reminds me of movie box office releases that could be one long movie but get split into two films released at separate times to capitalize on the revenue (Hunger Games). I could be way off, but just my 2 cents. Also, I do agree with the idea of Kid A and Amnesiac and I see how it works in that scenario as a companion. We'll see  ;)