I'm going to New York this December, NY VCer's any recommendations?

City. I am staying near Time Square. I am being a tourist fuck since it's my first time. I want to go to central park, see the observatory, I heard about the crazy horror themed resturant in times square. Going to Coney Island has been a dream of mine, I read like 3 books on it's history but want to know the decent bars and food places, any good steak places? 

Some of that stuff is mentioned in the NYC thread, except the steak place. I'd recommend Peter Luger by the Williamsburg Bridge in Brooklyn. You gotta make a reservation.

I hate to be that guy but can we have the mods merge this with the NYC thread? I mean threads like that are meant to serve people like you who are looking for information about "Best of ______ in NYC" and other cool events. It beats making the same recommendations in two dozen different threads asking the same questions.

Not from NYC, but I'm an Asian food fiend so I found a bunch of cool places while I was there in June. Vanessa's Dumpling House is delicious and cheap as hell; I'm talking $2-4 for a bunch of huge, super filling dumplings. There's one in Chinatown, one near Union Square, and one in Brooklyn. The Japanese bakery in the East Village called Panya has a bunch of classic Japanese pastries in addition to a decent amount of savory things like sandwiches and rice bowls. Also, Ramen-ya on 4th Street is the shit if you like a good bowl of ramen (it's cash only so plan ahead).

Man, I need to go back to NYC again really soon. Time to start checking out ticket prices.