PO: Rammstein - XXI The Vinyl Box Set

@the previous 3 posters.

Amazon has effed me over the last several times. My pre-orders of Brand New: Deja, High On Fire: Luminiferous (advertised at $7.99 only!) and AAR: Self-Titled all sat there well past the release date. All it said was temporarily out of stock.

I have pre-ordered this as well, but will probably order from the Rammstein webshop when it goes up.

I ordered one from Amazon while it was still up.  I've never not gotten a PO from Amazon (knock on wood), but I'm not holding my breath on this one.  If it happens, I'll be elated, if not, no big deal.  I can't justify the price from ordering it overseas, so that's my only shot and I'm ok w/ that. 

I've got a little higher hopes for Amazon coming through now that they've got more information listed and they've put it back up.

Good catch, didn't realize it was back up for $350.  If I end up getting it shipped to me for $209 I will be elated.  I have a feeling they're making a lot of these, 2,500 to 5,000 would be my guess, if not more, so I suspect the Amazon thing will likely happen.

Mhh...i just canceled my order...don't know, have an odd feeling about this release all over sudden

Since they announced that they will play a couple of festival shows next year i'm slowly getting the feeling that they're doing this release (and the shows) just to finance their next record, which they should be writing/recording next summer instead of touring since they officially anounced they started working on it...and till lindemann himself stated that they usually need 2 years to make a record.

I mean i really buy all of their stuff but this release in particular gives me the feeling the band is thinking something like" lets put out a vinyl box for 100€ plus the normal price for 7 double lps...our fans will buy this anyway if we write 'limited' in the description"

The rammstein shop support normally anwers pretty fast but a week ago i asked if there will be another batch of boxes when they are sold out since the OFFICIAL description in the rammstein shop says "limited FIRST PRESSING" (compare to the völkerball limited photobook). Still got no answer to that.

So knowing they are making another record right now and that this box won't be complete in 2 years anymore, i think they will be releasing a complete studio collection on vinyl down the line when they quit.

But i'm really excited how the box will look and how you guys will like it!

• 4 weeks later...

just got my boxset from amazon.  in case anyone is nervous about the packaging, don't be -- it's packed like a tank :)

amazon ships it in an oversized box full of paper stuff (i.e., the kind of packing that puts a sick feeling in your stomach), but the boxset itself is inside of a special black box with fitted foam padding.  haven't opened the set yet, but I'll do that soon.

btw, mine is #'d 05185.  there's no "/XXX", but if there's 5 digits, there must be at least 10,000

Yeah, the packaging on this thing is insane. Mine came yesterday, when I wasn't expecting it until today. The outer box was so large I thought it was some furniture I had coming from Amazon. This thing is also crazy heavy. I believe my copy was numbered somewhere in the 4XXX range. I'll post some pictures up tonight or tomorrow morning if no one has beet me to it.