PO: Eluvium - Life Through Bombardment Vol 2

fish

I wasn't expecting this so soon!

http://shop.temporaryresidence.com/trr260

Life Through Bombardment Vol. 2 collects every Eluvium recording made since the release of the first Life Through Bombardment set back in 2009. Packaged similarly to the first set -- a library-style clothbound hardcover book with seven distinct sleeves featuring new original artwork by longtime collaborator Jeannie Lynn Paske -- this is the first time these recordings have been released on vinyl. This awe-striking, super-deluxe set includes the albums Similes, Static Nocturne, and Nightmare Ending, as well as the b-sides, remixes, and bonus tracks that accompanied them. Also included is Wisdom For Debris, the rare album that accompanied Paske's art book of the same name, and finally Curious Things, a full-length bonus album of previously unreleased material recorded from 2009-2015.

As with the first (long out-of-print) volume, Life Through Bombardment Vol. 2 is strictly limited to 1,000 copies. Each is hand-assembled and hand-numbered, and includes a removable library card signed by the artists.

PACKAGE INCLUDES MP3 DOWNLOAD OF ENTIRE 7xLP COLLECTION

Not overly familiar with a lot of this this stuff but I LOVE Nightmare Ending and have been hoping it would get pressed. Wonder if it'll get a solo release. For someone that likes that album would I be into the other stuff?

It won't get a solo release. This unfortunately will be it as that was how it worked with Vol 1. Eluvium did sell maybe 30 extra copies of a couple of the old albums on his website a few years after the first one came out but i wouldn't hold your breath for that to happen with this one.

Vol. 1 is one of the coolest, well made box sets I own. If you are on the fence, this is well worth your $150 if you enjoy the material. 

I haven't really been a fan of his more recent material, but I have no doubt that this will be a nice set if you are picking it up and you'll be happy. 

• 1 month later...