PO: Troye Sivan - Blue Neighbourhood

• 2 months later...

he started out doing covers on youtube, yes.

i received this preorder as a christmas gift from my dad :D can't wait to get it. i like this album a lot more than i thought i would.

Nice I looked into his music! I respect his grind. I remember hearing that Pill song a while ago, I'm glad he is where he is.

• 2 weeks later...

Just received my pre-order from Barnes & Noble. There's a pretty nasty seam split towards the top of the outer sleeve but other than that, it looks great. The record itself is the black variant and doesn't include the fancy lyric inner sleeves included with the blue variant, just white ones that say "Troye Sivan/Blue Neighbourhood" on them. Definitely worth the $26 shipped!

Just received my pre-order from Barnes & Noble. There's a pretty nasty seam split towards the top of the outer sleeve but other than that, it looks great. The record itself is the black variant and doesn't include the fancy lyric inner sleeves included with the blue variant, just white ones that say "Troye Sivan/Blue Neighbourhood" on them. Definitely worth the $26 shipped!

is it the deluxe tracklisting as well? i wonder why they wouldnt include the same printed inner sleeves unless they were trying to make a distinct difference between standard/deluxe editions

is it the deluxe tracklisting as well? i wonder why they wouldnt include the same printed inner sleeves unless they were trying to make a distinct difference between standard/deluxe editions

Yes it is, although I did forget to mention this black variant doesn't have the gatefold either on top of the nicer inner record sleeves. Aside from the blue variant itself, those seem to be the only differences.

gave this a listen the other day and enjoyed it pretty good. anyone order from amazon, is it the blue version? which I believe discogs only show 1 version so far but maybe the black just isn't listed yet...

I would bet money that your Amazon copy is a black variant, I believe the blue was an exclusive to Troye's webstore but I could be entirely wrong.

I think the blue is limited to his webstore as well.

I saw some photos and the cover seems to be a lighter blue (like the standard CD) while the blue variant/gatefold jacket is darker blue (like the deluxe CD).

You're absolutely right, the overall color scheme is much darker on the blue variant and the colors aren't as contrasting or saturated as the black version's artwork. Cosmetic differences though, nothing really worth crying over if you unfortunately missed the blue copies like I did. I've got the album spinning right now and it sounds as gorgeous as my piece of shit Crosley can make it sound lol *does goofy Troye dance moves as "Youth" plays*

Got my blue edition too, it looks fantastic.

Oddly enough I think the Black edition of this LP does have the Deluxe track listing but... is packaged like the normal edition cover with the alternate brighter color scheme, also no gatefold and different white inners.

Here's the amazon pictures of the front and back of the black edition LP

AR1AOQ9.jpg

Yt0eQ7e.jpg

Oddly enough I think the Black edition of this LP does have the Deluxe track listing but... is packaged like the normal edition cover with the alternate brighter color scheme, also no gatefold and different white inners.

This is exactly what we were just going over :P The only difference between the black and blue variants are a couple cosmetic differences in the packaging, the tracklist is exactly the same. With that said though I definitely wish we had pressing info on that blue variant as I'm sure the black one was the more mass produced variant.

I'd definitely suggest "Wild" and "Youth", they're the two stand outs of the album (at least in my opinion).

My fave song is Too Good, followed by for him. and Cool. The entire album works really well from front to back though.

edit: yeah pressing numbers would be nice, but i feel like its not likely.

• 1 year later...