Sleepytime Gorilla Museum coming to vinyl (finally!)

Haven't received mine yet, but super stoked to get these in!

In related news, 4/5 of the band (everyone except for Carla) finally - and randomly, put out their new album as Free Salamander Exhibit. It's up on bandcamp, but only one song is streaming. Also on Spotify. Similar sound/atmosphere as SGM, but much heavier at times - which I've enjoyed thus far.

http://downloads.webofmimicry.com/album/undestroyed-2

17 hours ago, GhostTrail said:

In related news, 4/5 of the band (everyone except for Carla) finally - and randomly, put out their new album as Free Salamander Exhibit. It's up on bandcamp, but only one song is streaming. Also on Spotify. Similar sound/atmosphere as SGM, but much heavier at times - which I've enjoyed thus far.

I read that on the site, but was confused by it. Matthias Bossi and Carla were in SGM until the end and there are two new guys in this band: David Shamrock & Drew Wheeler. I'm pretty sure that the last time I saw them neither of these two were in the lineup... also seems odd that one of the two spouses would have been absent and not the other since all the projects post SGM were done jointly (Run Rabbit Run, etc).

These all arrived today! I won't be able to give them a listen tonight as I'm heading to a hockey game, but they appear to be in immaculate condition. Really well packed and all nine appear to have zero dings. The Creams and Swirls are shipped with the LP's/sleeves outside of the jackets in a bag and the standard black copies are sealed. First impression is that I could not be more happy. Really looking forward to listening to these later in the week.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...