From June 7-10, Records will be only $1 (plus shipping) with code vcfriends!!!!!! https://danielfield.bandcamp.com/album/in-the-violet-hours

Hey everyone! I made a record!

I am really proud to share the preorder on vinyl and tape of my upcoming album, In The Violet Hours, which will be released digitally and on cassette on December 1, and on vinyl in April. Both cassette and vinyl are limited to 100 copies each, and I'm making the prices really really low to entice folks to pick up copies.

Records are $5 plus shipping (about $7 to anywhere in the world, which is about as cheap as it gets from Canada). Tapes are $1 shipped). 

Listen to the whole album for free! PM me if you want a download code - I have lots!

http://danielfield.bandcamp.com
1zz3jlu.jpg

In The Violet Hours contains 11 original songs about love, grammar, and oral hygiene, written between 2002 and 2015. The album was recorded predominantly in the nook adjacent to my kitchen, in short intervals while my toddler slept. I played every instrument except for violin, and sang all songs, with some help from my wife and friends. I was heavily influenced by many of my musical heroes, including Paul Westerberg, Hayden, Elvis Costello, Mark Kozelek, and Ryan Adams. The album came to fruition to exist on vinyl through a surprise 30th birthday gift last year, where my friends basically crowdfunded the money to put my music on wax (!). While entirely home-recorded, the album was professionally mastered at the Lacquer Channel in Toronto.

Update March 18: still waiting on vinyl. Hopefully early April. But as of now, my album is streaming on Spotify, Apple Music, Google Play, Tidal, etc. Give it a listen!

April 10 Update: Records have finally landed after close to 8 months. Shipping now. $5 + shipping, and come with a free cassette copy.

Edited by Sidney Crosley

• 2 weeks later...

Update November 13: Fourth track up now - Canada Day. I wrote this almost 15 years ago, when I was 17. I've recorded it in different arrangements over the years, but for this recording, specifically tried to emulate the sound and mood of Ryan Adams' Heartbreaker, one of my favourite albums of all time. Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I recently wrote an article about my experience creating this album, and why it's so important to support working musicians:

https://medium.com/@danielfield/nap-time-musician-or-how-releasing-my-music-for-fun-changed-my-perspective-on-the-music-industry-7d56704250e8

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/04/2016 at 11:06 AM, Sidney Crosley said:

I recently wrote an article about my experience creating this album, and why it's so important to support working musicians

I haven't streamed the album itself yet (meaning to) but I did read this article and found it very engaging/interesting. Thanks for sharing.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a bunch of copies that need to find good homes.  For 72 hours, this record will be $1 plus shipping, which is set a cheap as possible from Canada. Use code 'vcfriends' for the discount. Tell you friends!

https://danielfield.bandcamp.com/album/in-the-violet-hours