Problems with Record Players (STUDENT IN NEED OF HELP)

gavnash

Dear all,

I am a product design student and I may need some help. My chosen project is to design a record player! I was just wondering if I could get any insights regarding any issues any of you have had with record players?

Also..

- What are your pet hates regarding record players?

- How do you think record players could be improved?

- Why do you chose vinyl over various other musical mediums?

- Is storage of records an issue?

If anyone is an expert with record players or is a DJ that plays vinyl and would be willing to share their knowledge that would be extremely helpful!

Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!

There is a reason record players have not changed much in 50+ years. When they tried with linear tracking, it did not catch on well despite it supposedly being better at tracking if done right.

I could be an asshole. I want to be an asshole. But I'm in the middle of an emotional breakdown so I'll go against the grain here.

What I look for in a record player is that it isn't garbage that will destroy my shit (Crosley).

I choose vinyl over other mediums because I'm a prentuous asshole. I like to receive a product of significance and weight when I choose to pay for art. When I started collecting records they were cheaper than CDs. I buy records despite having a massive SD card for my phone. I buy books despite having a Kindle. I buy blurays despite having the internet. In this digital age there is a niche of weirdos who like to be able to hold a thing. As shitty as it is, I like owning a limited product that only a finite number of people can have.

Storing records is a pain in the ass never-ending nightmare that will haunt me to my grave