He Is Legend - Few (4/28/17)

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/he-is-legend-new-album#/

Pretty sweet packages. $200 for a hand written lyric BOOK! Limited to 5.

There are also vinyl packages but It doesnt say if the vinyl is limited at all.

Edited by andrewlucas
Album Title

I hope they can get what they're asking. I'll try and contribute at some point if I have the cash. I loved Heavy Fruit. I'm starting to get burnt out on crowd funding but I really don't mind it when a band who isn't on a label goes that route. $56,000 seems like a lot to ask for a band of this size, but I may be underestimating them because I don't know many people who are into them. Not that $56,000 isn't what it costs, just that it might be a lot to ask from a smaller fan base.

What's wrong with Pledge Music? Not that I'm defending them, I just haven't been keeping up with recent news as much so I don't know if there have been problems.

What happened?

Wondering the same.

Vinyl was advertised as being LIMITED 180g specifically. The ship date for the vinyl got pushed back to 9/22. Orders were getting shipped secretly in mid-October with no tracking number and no updates. I contacted Pledge a few weeks after they really started shipping out to get a refund since I had still not received mine (like others). They waited to respond to me after it shows up, then sending me a tracking number; saying wait on another update since you're unhappy or we can refund you (if unopened).

The record was not 180g. It was more like 120g and sound quality wasn't great. So along with false advertisement they had prior knowledge but with held information.

"We expected it sooner, but even by the most optimistic expectations, we could have warned you and told you that our manufacturer was unable to provide 180g vinyl."

That same update says to send it back to Woodstock on your own dime if its unopened and they'll refund you. Needless to say Pledge Music did nothing to step in and hold WS accountable for their actions. They wont refund even if you opened your record to make sure it was as advertised.

This is all on top of the fact that the record for pledgers wasnt actually limited and could be had for more than half the price including shipping on Amazon.

So basically anyone that paid postage or ordered the record outside the US got royally screwed. The entire pledge page is full of other stories too. The entire thing was a nightmare. More or less the responsibility was on Woodstock and Teamsleep but Pledge Music did absolutely nothing as a mediator to make sure it ran smoothly even after being contacted by a majority of pledgers.

Vinyl was advertised as being LIMITED 180g specifically. The ship date for the vinyl got pushed back to 9/22. Orders were getting shipped secretly in mid-October with no tracking number and no updates. I contacted Pledge a few weeks after they really started shipping out to get a refund since I had still not received mine (like others). They waited to respond to me after it shows up, then sending me a tracking number; saying wait on another update since you're unhappy or we can refund you (if unopened).

The record was not 180g. It was more like 120g and sound quality wasn't great. So along with false advertisement they had prior knowledge but with held information.

"We expected it sooner, but even by the most optimistic expectations, we could have warned you and told you that our manufacturer was unable to provide 180g vinyl."

That same update says to send it back to Woodstock on your own dime if its unopened and they'll refund you. Needless to say Pledge Music did nothing to step in and hold WS accountable for their actions. They wont refund even if you opened your record to make sure it was as advertised.

This is all on top of the fact that the record for pledgers wasnt actually limited and could be had for more than half the price including shipping on Amazon.

So basically anyone that paid postage or ordered the record outside the US got royally screwed. The entire pledge page is full of other stories too. The entire thing was a nightmare. More or less the responsibility was on Woodstock and Teamsleep but Pledge Music did absolutely nothing as a mediator to make sure it ran smoothly even after being contacted by a majority of pledgers.

Is t that technically on Team Sleep or whoever actually released it? I thought it was color or clear vinyl too. I ordered the black from their site last month. That does suck but I don't know if pledge music had anything to do with it. I've funded at least 4 projects with them and it's always been great.

Is t that technically on Team Sleep or whoever actually released it? I thought it was color or clear vinyl too. I ordered the black from their site last month. That does suck but I don't know if pledge music had anything to do with it. I've funded at least 4 projects with them and it's always been great.

I was going to post pretty much this same thing except I have no opinion on this particular band and didn't order the record. It sounds like a clusterfuck and Pledge should definitely do more to hold hands accountable but crowd funding is so massive and they have a lot of projects to deal with. The artists or labels do all the handling of things themselves and the site usually has no idea what's going on because they're getting emails about one out of hundreds of projects going on. The best thing to do is usually contact the band or label.

I've backed three or four or so projects on there and it all went amazingly, save for a few delays which I expect these days. That does really suck though. However, it sounds like I'd be more pissed at who put up the page rather than the site who allows bands to function without labels. Not that all crowd funding is good but I think it usually works for the better. Sorry to hear about all that shit.

It's all three (Woodstock,TS,Pledge). I'm sure some where in their ToS they deem no liability legally for pledges. It ended up being just black and 120g like the rest of the retail copies you can get else where for cheaper. Now they're talking about removing the record from Amazon to make it look "fair" since they offered it way cheaper than they gouged us for.

I was going to post pretty much this same thing except I have no opinion on this particular band and didn't order the record. It sounds like a clusterfuck and Pledge should definitely do more to hold hands accountable but crowd funding is so massive and they have a lot of projects to deal with. The artists or labels do all the handling of things themselves and the site usually has no idea what's going on because they're getting emails about one out of hundreds of projects going on. The best thing to do is usually contact the band or label.

I've backed three or four or so projects on there and it all went amazingly, save for a few delays which I expect these days. That does really suck though. However, it sounds like I'd be more pissed at who put up the page rather than the site who allows bands to function without labels. Not that all crowd funding is good but I think it usually works for the better. Sorry to hear about all that shit.

Crowd funding is a risk for everyone. Youre basically funding something that doesnt exist. Go try contact a band and see how fast they respond; they usually dont. And in this case Woodstock is not technically a label by traditional means.

I have no problem supporting bands and people I love; especially supporting Chino. Its hard telling who was running the page and updates. But there was some miscommunication or misstep somewhere and pledge was passive or was just told that it would be shipped on 9/22. Just an air of caution for people to be careful because it could go a lot worse.

Yeah, I know halls hard it can be to get up with a band. I backed Emery's IndieGoGo. Haha. The site the self do have some responsibility in issues like this but I still feel like the band or whoever's running the campaign should be held accountable more so. I know nothing about the band or Woodstock besides what I've read here so I can't really comment past this. The band definitely should have updated everyone about the delay, though, and been straight up with everyone about the vinyl. It really sucks when bands are so shitty about this kinda stuff.

• 1 year later...

Straight from He Is Legends Instagram:

16426160_10155798151653957_5052044815791

https://www.instagram.com/heislegendnc/

We're really excited to finally announce that our fifth full length album, "few," will be released on Friday, April 28th, 2017. We are also extremely stoked to announce that we have teamed up with Spinefarm Records to release our new album. We spent a lot of time with this decision and feel they are the best team to help us reach our goal of getting this music out to the masses. Keep checking in for upcoming tour dates and teasers up through the release of the album. We'd like to personally thank everyone involved in our IndieGoGo campaign ‎and everyone who has expressed a continued interest in this band. You are the blood that keeps our heart beating. We couldn't have done this without you.

- He Is Legend

Edited by Mattiktpq

1 hour ago, xfactor675 said:

seeing them in may, should be good times.

also spinefarm means no vinyl right?

Why? I preordered the limited color vinyl package. It better be on vinyl and it better be color vinyl limited to 56 since thats how many people actually purchased the color vinyl bundle.

29 minutes ago, andrewlucas said:

Why? I preordered the limited color vinyl package. It better be on vinyl and it better be color vinyl limited to 56 since thats how many people actually purchased the color vinyl bundle.

Prepare yourself for the let down. There is a 0% chance that they will manufacture 56 colored versions.