PO: SRC - Blink 182 Tapes (S/T, Enema, Dude Ranch & MTTS)

• 3 months later...

• 1 month later...

up until about 5 years ago tapes were only released and sold in places like indonesia, thailand or areas around there. and could only be imported so releasing on tape, is a good idea.  then post 2010 tapes stopped there too for the most part.  so releases in the usa on the 3 main physical formats...classic, retro, and modern is a great idea.  then true fans could buy the physical releases and all else to just mp3 it...im speaking of all bands not just blink in this situation.  i hope tape follows the vinyl trend and everything from now on is release on vinyl, tape, and cd...even if in limited numbers...at least it gives fans stuff to buy when they decided they want to make a purchase.

On 6/1/2016 at 5:04 PM, tug said:

up until about 5 years ago tapes were only released and sold in places like indonesia, thailand or areas around there. and could only be imported so releasing on tape, is a good idea.  then post 2010 tapes stopped there too for the most part.  so releases in the usa on the 3 main physical formats...classic, retro, and modern is a great idea.  then true fans could buy the physical releases and all else to just mp3 it...im speaking of all bands not just blink in this situation.  i hope tape follows the vinyl trend and everything from now on is release on vinyl, tape, and cd...even if in limited numbers...at least it gives fans stuff to buy when they decided they want to make a purchase.

I don't know if this is a serious post but, tapes flourished in many territories until around 2006. It was Indonesia that continued to put out cassettes after that. The latest albums on tapes I can find are from 2008. So, most likely, major label cassettes ended in 2008 in Indonesia not 2010. I do agree that the album on tape trend is interesting and hope it continues outside of hipster bands and Blink-182.

• 6 months later...