PO: Coldplay - "A Head Full of Dreams"

First song sounds promising.

montauk, when you update the op put international links up there as well, so everyone can find the cheapest option for their location

Here are the ones that are up so far:

Band Webstore - $34.95

Bullmosse - $26.97 

Fatbeats - $31.99

Amazon.com - $32.98

Amazon UK - £19.99

Amazon DE - 29.99€

Have heard the song only once, but it was a straight up old disco song (Bee Gees, ABBA etc), I doubt Minus The Bear (whoever that is) was even born then.

Weird take. 

You've never heard of Minus the Bear, but you totally dismiss that this track can sound like them?

I don't get what being born during disco has to do with anything.

So I was at their show at the Belasco Theater in Los Angeles last night. About an hour before their set, they announced that they wouldn't be broadcasting the set that they originally intended to play. As most of their newer songs are very upbeat and joyful, I imagine they couldn't stomach to play that set with the events that had occurred in Paris. So in turn of events, they still played a set for the fans that were at the venue which consisted of a short set of songs that seemed appropriate with the mood in the room. Here's the set: 

Imagine (John Lennon cover)

Sparks

Yellow

Til Kingdom Come

Us Against The World

Fix You

O/Fly On

I'll be attending the make up date this Saturday as well. If anyone is going to be there, let's meet up! 

• 3 weeks later...

I have been listening to this since friday now and it definitely grew on me a little bit. But it is still a very spotty record. There are some good tunes on there but there's also some reeeally cringeworthy stuff, don't know what they were thinking when they made some of these songsy

I think it's with ghost stories their weakest so far.

I thought Coldplay was regarded good last time around 2005 or so, its all been downhill from there and Im sure many will agree.

For me, personally I just dont understand how their latest albums just sound so bad production wise, the brickwalled mastering is just awful. The Nile Rodgers guitar disco sound is definitely here, but again - listen to the latest Daft Punk album and this - the production just dont compare.

I do like the happy up-beat direction though.

Yeah Viva La Vida is fantastic. There's been a few songs I've enjoyed since then, but it seems like the days of me fully liking a new Coldplay album are over. 

I also get the impression that this album was rushed. Ghost Stories just released last year, you'd think they'd want to wait a little while before releasing a new album. 

I also get the impression that this album was rushed. Ghost Stories just released last year, you'd think they'd want to wait a little while before releasing a new album. 

True, but they also did very little touring for Ghost Stories so it may have given them more time to make this one.