[PO] of Montreal - Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer? Double Picture Disc

6c433b58-41c4-4212-b362-31342f4f0986.jpg

>> This one-time, limited edition pressing of 750 uniquely numbered copies is packaged in a sturdy, crystal clear gatefold sleeve with protective flap.

>> Hissing Fauna features a number of the most beloved of Montreal songs, including "Heimdalsgate Like a Promethean Curse," "She's a Rejecter," "Suffer for Fashion," and "The Past Is A Grotesque Animal."

>> David Barnes' iconic circular-shaped artwork translates perfectly to the picture disc format and is stunningly displayed on all four sides of this 2xLP.

>> Pre-order now and receive an instant full-album download at checkout.

>> Pre-orders ship by December 11 -- just in time for the holidays!

Looks great but yeah seems like an opportunistic money grab. :(

To be fair, Polyvinyl has randomly selected albums from their discography for a few years and turned them into pic discs as collector type pieces. Yes it screams of "the hobby" but Polyvinyl keeps all their albums in print in black vinyl (typically) so I think it's really cool of them to do special stuff every now and again. If they wanted quick money they could press several of their albums on tons of different colors and people would keep buying.

Go Polyvinyl. I don't want this but they have my respect.

To be fair, Polyvinyl has randomly selected albums from their discography for a few years and turned them into pic discs as collector type pieces. Yes it screams of "the hobby" but Polyvinyl keeps all their albums in print in black vinyl (typically) so I think it's really cool of them to do special stuff every now and again. If they wanted quick money they could press several of their albums on tons of different colors and people would keep buying.

I am surprised with rainer maria playing shows they have nothing in print

This. They started this series with Sunlandic Twins, and there's really no better band to do this with in their roster considering all the great artwork. I didn't get that one but I did cave on this because I knew I'd be kicking myself if I didn't.

Also, I'm not sure pressing 750 of anything could be considered a "cash grab".

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

10th Anniversary Edition available for preorder:

https://www.polyvinylrecords.com/product/hissing_fauna_are_you_th

180-Gram Red/Yellow Starburst
  • Limited to 750
  • Mailorder Exclusive
  • Double LP in Triple Gatefold Jacket
  • First time on colored vinyl
  • Includes all 5 songs from companion EP Icons, Abstract Thee
  • Includes lyrics for the first time ever (in the form of a large format 12" x 12" lyric booklet with additional artwork)