White Zombie - It Came From N.Y.C. 5LP + Book Box Set

Coming 2016:

Former WHITE ZOMBIE bassist Sean Yseult has told the Artisan News that a new WHITE ZOMBIE vinyl box set is currently being assembled for a 2016 release. She said (hear audio below): "J. [Yuenger, former WHITE ZOMBIE guitarist] and I —and, actually, Rob [Zombie, former WHITE ZOMBIE frontman] got in on it too — we've been working on a box set that's gonna be with Numero Group. It's coming out, I believe, this spring or summer. We've been working on it for over a year."

Regarding what fans can expect to see in the upcoming box set, Sean said: "There's, I think, fifty pages of liner notes. They've been interviewing us all for months and months. J. and I sent them all of our WHITE ZOMBIE [material from our personal collections] — from t-shirts to old punk-rock flyers to everything — and they did a beautiful job on the booklet. It's gonna be a box set — all vinyl, all the early records that we started in 1985. And Rob and I had our own label. So all these things coming back out on vinyl. And some of the extra tracks that I didn't even remember. When we were in the studio, usually we used everything we recorded, but some of the things we had a couple of extra songs here and there. So there's gonna be a few surprises. I was surprised. And I was actually surprised how good these records sound, to be honest. That's a different-sounding band, 'cause we started off kind of punk and we went through different guitarists every three months. So it changed the sound, but you can really see the path of the band evolving."

Yeah, I've got everything but Swingin' Sounds, and the first 3 EP's (Gods on Voodoo Moon, Pig Heaven, and Psycho-Head Blowout).Hell, I've even got OG presses and MOV represses of Sexorcisto, and Astrocreep, but I would definitely be in for this.  One of those bands I wish I would have gotten the chance to see live.

Yeah, I've got everything but Swingin' Sounds, and the first 3 EP's (Gods on Voodoo Moon, Pig Heaven, and Psycho-Head Blowout).Hell, I've even got OG presses and MOV represses of Sexorcisto, and Astrocreep, but I would definitely be in for this.  One of those bands I wish I would have gotten the chance to see live.

Day 1 pre-order for me!

It's cool that the early stuff will finally get a chance to be more widely available. Its also kinda crazy how immersed these kids were in grindhouse & exploitation film culture in the pre-internet era. The booklet will presumably shed some light on that aspect of the band.

I also love the weird direction Numero has been going the last couple of years. Ever since they started branching out from the soul stuff they seem to announce a crazy new box or reissue series every few months, most of which end up on my want list.

Saw them on a astro creep tour in 95 at nassau coliseum with Babes in Toyland,Kyuss and Reverend Horton heat. It was wild. Rob has never been a strong live vocalist but the energy the band had

I saw this tour at Merriweather Post Pavilion. As a guy who went on to become a huge Kyuss/QOTSA fan very cool to think back on. Also saw White Zombie with Pantera in 96 on the opening night of the War of the Gargantuan tour and later in 95 in Salem, VA with the Ramones opening. Which begs the question, what happened to Rob's opening bands? Been mostly modern butt rock ever since he went solo.

Numero usually compliments their box sets with a live album for RSD ala Codeine and Bedhead

you guys have no basis for thinking they are going to release a huge box set for RSD. Label is not like that at all

Agreed, I've been buying from Numero for the past 5 years, and they have never gone the gougey rout for RSD. It's almost like they care about music or something.

• 2 months later...