Technics SL-23 vs Sl-2000

There's probably not a lot in it but the Toshiba looks to have the better arm.

Your best bet if you can afford to get the Technics without selling the Toshiba and the Technics is at a good enough price is buy it, try it side by side with the Toshiba over a reasonable period, also try swapping the carts between the two as both have SME type bayonet fitting headshells and then sell the one you like the least.

Anyone else's opinion or experience of these two may well not meet with yours and it's unlikely someone has had the two at the same time to do back to back tests.

so I went ahead and bought the thing.

22497991243_019bbb0abb_c.jpg

It's like new, the guy said he was the original owner and hasn't used it in 20 years. Got it for $50 with a box of about 50 good records (Van Halen, Beatles, S&G, etc.)

Loving it. But I love the auto return feature of my Toshiba. So torn. I want to sell one, and keep the other.

Here's the tosiba...

23161682961_12a92efd66_c.jpg

Good price with the records.

Keep both a while have a good listen and when you are sure sell the one you don't like.

That or keep both, I follow that rule so I keep buying them and it takes hell freezing over or a severe ear bashing from she who must be obeyed before I sell any, last count I was at 23 turntables with no sign of any leaving