What are you Top 10 albums of all time?

Sad Heart

I had a friend years ago who was a total burnout who turned me on to Fear and The Kennedys and he would play it on repeat so it just came to be what I'd consider background music for a first date lol. Dead Milkmen was the first punk I heard when in 5th grade from a friend's older sister. Bitchin' Camaro is engrained in those grooves in my brain. I'm always down for new BFF's  :wub:

I found FEAR's More Beer EP at a local shop here for $5. It is an original pressing, still has the inserts, and sounds perfect. It's one of my favorite finds.

I found FEAR's More Beer EP at a local shop here for $5. It is an original pressing, still has the inserts, and sounds perfect. It's one of my favorite finds.

I'd give anything now to have that old beat up ass copy of The Record & Plastic Surgery Disasters he used to have. I'll pick one of each up one day, but they will never sound the same. Funny thing is, dude sobered up and went to college only for us to find out he was some super high level genius who is now a research chemist or something... All he did then was smoke weed, trip LSD, and ride skateboards though lol

As do I, but punk is an exception. Punk playlists work well. Especially when the average song is 90 seconds.

I would assume the opposite because 90 seconds isn't long enough for me to decide whether or not I like a band. Even one album is barely enough with the lengths of some of these.

Don't do Amebix, Discharge, Rudimentary Peni, or Broken Bones yet though Dom... you need to build into those.

Just about anything that has that DBeat structure takes getting used to. I hated it at first compared to the poppy stuff like Ramones and The Pistols... You gotta grow into the dynamics of what they are representing in such focused, angry music. Also a lot of folks seemed turned off by it's low fi production which is also the point of the message. No frills, no fucks given..

Just about anything that has that DBeat structure takes getting used to. I hated it at first compared to the poppy stuff like Ramones and The Pistols... You gotta grow into the dynamics of what they are representing in such focused, angry music. Also a lot of folks seemed turned off by it's low fi production which is also the point of the message. No frills, no fucks given..

D-beat for sure... RP is fucking a mess... Amebix is desperation in sound.

I would assume the opposite because 90 seconds isn't long enough for me to decide whether or not I like a band. Even one album is barely enough with the lengths of some of these.

Punk isn't your normal genre. It doesn't give a shit. Just go listen. Stop your complaining and just go listen.

Then check out Husker Du.

I like punk as an ethos more than a genre. Post punk is my shit tho

I dig the post-punk I've heard.

Husker Du...maybe. I might get around to it eventually. You probably won't force it down my throat like you did The Cure so I have less incentive.

D-beat for sure... RP is fucking a mess... Amebix is desperation in sound.

I dug into them and Subhumans and Crass and all that stuff when I hit senior year but it still took me a full decade to get that it wasn't supposed to be musical at all. It's just a middle finger with a beat to keep time...

So glad FEAR is on your list. <3

I managed to see Fear years back, all be it one of the new line ups, but still with Lee out front and it was nothing short of fucking rad as shit. Saw Antiseen open for them that night... Never ever forget hearing "I Don't Care About You" live.... Top Fear track ever for me!!!

Coldplay - Parachutes

Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes

Frodus - And We Washed Our Weapons in the Sea

Led Zeppelin - IV

mewithoutyou - Catch For Us the Foxes

Norma Jean - Bless the Martyr, Kiss the Child

Pedro the Lion - It's Hard to Find a Friend

The Prayer Chain - Mercury

Staflyer 59 - Gold

Weezer - Blue

I fuckin' love Parachutes, but I like Rush of Blood better.