Poker Collective (Join us for a classy VC Poker Night)

Hey Errybody.

Creating a new thread to try and get a few more folks interested in the VC Poker Night. 

The Butcha, TacoKing and I are trying to organize a semi-regular game, maybe monthly, with our friends on here. Experience not required, this is a casual game for anyone who wants in.

We'll be using Poker Stars, which is a (free) Mac or PC software download. We can also do a Google Hangout during the game, it'll be like we are almost real friends. We will start somewhere around 8 to 9 EST to accommodate both coasts. 

Sound off here if you are interested. We will be doing our first game tonight (Thursday) to test out the software and logistics. The game tonight is 100% free, no reason not to get in on it. I can neither confirm nor deny that future games will have a small, real-money buy-in because gambling is not allowed on the boards. 

Questions? Interest? 

Game is BYOB. 

EDIT: We are playing Hold 'Em! Sorry if that was not clear!

6NoSimS.png

Here is the instruction you need to get signed up to play with us. I have already 'created' the tournament for tonights free run trail. So anyone playing needs to sign up on poker stars and then also register for the tournament. It will be starting at 8PMEST. This is tournament style. Playing down from 9 or so players to only 1 remaining. If/WHEN real money is involved there will be payouts for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers. 

For tonights game I have set the starting chip stacks at 3K. Blinds go up every 15 minutes. And there will be a few breaks to make additional tacos. As I am the mod on the actual poker stars client all I have to do on my end is accept your request to join the club on the app and then you guys just need to register for the tournament I have created. So get to it if you're in for tonight! 

Also, the "home game" feature that we are using to play this is only accessible through a PC/Mac. You wont be able to run this software off of your mobile device or tablet.

Sounds good! Might not get involved when real money happens, but maybe if I'm feeling lucky one month. :P

It will be max $20 per person. If we have 9 people that puts $180 in the pot. 3rd place would get money back, 2nd would get $40, and winner would take $120. Not a bad pay off to only commit $20. Or maybe I'm just a little more confident in my skillzzz. ;)

Again, I've only played like slightly >10 games(probably) of Texas Hold'Em, so I'm not the confidentest. :B But that does sound pretty legit! I'm definitely down for tonight one way or another.

Well just get signed up on poker stars and join the VC Poker Club then you need to register for the tournament that I have already created before 8PM EST. It will start at 8EST on the dot.

Roger. I guess we should set up the google hangouts thing like an hour in advance.

Also, wait, do you have to be 21 to put up money in online gambling?

Gambling. Who said anything about gambling? I mean, we MIGHT paypal one of our VC friends some money for winning out of respect but you don't actually have to do any bank or credit card mumbo jumbo to use the app and play.

Roger. I guess we should set up the google hangouts thing like an hour in advance.

Also, wait, do you have to be 21 to put up money in online gambling?

Online gambling for real money is illegal in the US of A. If/WHEN we do play for real money we will designate a person to be the 'bank'. Send them our money via paypal. And once the game is over we will get paid our winnings. 

The app makes is much easier as a novice. You may not know the percentages or whatever, I don't, but you don't have to worry about the gameplay, knowing the blinds or whatever. 

Honestly, I'm not much of a card player, I just think it would be fun.

Oh yeah, I'm a math guy. I'm always calculating the numbers in my head during game play. It's super fucking easy and I can explain if you ever want to learn.