PO: Porches. Pool

http://porchesmusic.bandcamp.com/album/pool

750 coke bottle limited edition variants 

February 2016 marks the much-anticipated release of Pool, Porches’ debut full-length for Domino and a major step forward for frontman Aaron Maine—as an evolving singer / songwriter, and as a nascent producer. Written and recorded almost entirely in the Manhattan apartment he shares with his partner and frequent collaborator, Greta Kline a.k.a Frankie Cosmos, Pool is an elegantly drawn set of gorgeous synth-driven pop songs, and an expansive re-articulation of the melancholy we’ve come to expect from him; from the pristine harmonies of “Hour” to the undulating R&B of “Underwater” to the Auto-tuned majesty of the title track. “I feel like I naturally gravitate towards the more melancholic experiences in life,” he says, “but this time around I tried to dissect those moments and somehow extract what was so beautiful about them.” The result—recorded twice, and eventually mixed by Chris Coady (Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Grizzly Bear, Beach House, Tobias Jesso Jr.) in his Los Angeles studio—is a sophisticated and fully immersive listening experience, with Maine’s voice at its center. “I want people to feel dark, beautiful and strong when they hear this new record,” he adds, “I want them to fall in love.”

• 1 month later...

looks like the colored version is limited to 350 in the US and sold out at Domino too :( holding out for a tour press and/or retail distro, cuz Domino has horrid shipping rates. new track "Be Apart" is fire:

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/17908-porches-be-apart/

I ordered it from his bandcamp which is significantly a better shipping price though I doubt he has anymore, but Domini always puts leftovers on their site eventually so watch out for that, also song is amazing

• 3 weeks later...

For those of you like myself that missed out, Rough Trade has the variant:

http://www.roughtrade.com/albums/99590

It says clear and not Coke bottle clear BUT I have to think its the UK Coke bottle version. If not, then it's a clear variant that is equal in rarity to the Coke bottle variant. And with Domino's ridiculous shipping prices, this one doesn't come out to too much more.