Xmas Lists

Hi. I'm new here.  First time on a vinyl board of any kind.  I searched, and didn't see any thread like this.  A friend recently said he was going to buy me a certain record for Christmas, and I started discouraging it and suggesting other things instead.  I figured this thread could be for people to think (absurdly) out loud, and show off their bad taste.  Forgive me.  Maybe people will provide me with more absurdly priced things to look at or other things we haven't gotten around to. 

1.  Foetus - DEAF!  LP

2.  Foetus - ACHE LP

3.  Coil - Ape of Naples (3 LP set or CD)

4.  Lee Hazlewood - Lee Hazlewoodism LP

5. Lee Hazlewood - 98% American Mom & Apple Pie 1929 Crash Band LP

6. Renaldo & The Loaf - Arabic Yodelling LP 

7. Snakefinger - Greener Postures

8. The Manson Family Sings The Songs of Charles Manson LP

9. Ennio Morricone - The Thing OST LP

10. Jack Nitzsche - The Lonely Surfer

11.  Andromeda Strain LP with Hexagon sleeve

12. Nurse with Wound - Surveillance Lounge 2xLP

13. Nightmare - Great Balls of Fire/Witch Woman 7"

14. Agony Bag - Rabies is a Killer 7"

15. The Five Blobs - The Blob 7"

16. Ron 'Pate's Debonairs - Raudelunas Pataphysical Revue LP

17. Hawkwind - Warrior On The Edge Of Time (LP, Album)

18. Les Rallizes Denudes - Heavier Than A Death In The Family 2xLP

19. Thomas Leer and Robert Rental - The Bridge LP

20. Guns N Roses - Appetite For Destruction, original banned cover LP

21. Peter Frohmader's Nekropolis* - Musik Aus Dem Schattenreich LP (1st edition has better cover art)

Wrong message board, unfortunately.

Well, I specified vinyl on mine, I didn't think it was the wrong message board, although for the COIL album, the 3xLP goes for $1000, so I'd take the CD, even though this itself goes for $100.  

I didn't think it was necessarily just things I want to buy.  I have a list of 140 items I want to buy, and I maintain it regularly.

What I wanted to address in this list are things that are specialized, prohibitive, or just things I haven't gotten around to. 

I didn't think that has been covered elsewhere.  

Well, I specified vinyl on mine, I didn't think it was the wrong message board, although for the COIL album, the 3xLP goes for $1000, so I'd take the CD, even though this itself goes for $100.

I didn't think it was necessarily just things I want to buy. I have a list of 140 items I want to buy, and I maintain it regularly.

What I wanted to address in this list are things that are specialized, prohibitive, or just things I haven't gotten around to.

I didn't think that has been covered elsewhere.

I am curious who this list is for because at 17 years old, who us buying you a 1k record and lastly are you trying to gain high school cred because I find this taste bizzare for 17

I found this forum because an image search led me to a really great collage that was the cover art for an experimental cassette released in Portugal.  I'm a little surprised at the amount of douchebaggery and shallow, mouth-breather, dude-bro etiquette.   Honestly, I don't like to walk into someone's house and criticize, but why isn't anyone talking about rare records and why is the "top 10 desert island" list in the "Everything Else" forum?   What the hell is wrong with you guys?  This is about vinyl, right?   I consider myself a serious collector.  I thought I had found a haven for a second, but alas, it's the same morons, different avatars, apparently.  

If you motherfuckers want to drool over Blink 182 reissues, that is fine, but don't come on my thread trying to condescend to me about music.  If you can't read between the lines and see that this is a thread for basically "sharing/showing off your knowledge of rare records" (that you don't own yet for various reasons), with a bit of a "wishful thinking" underpinning, that is your own problem.  I can write at length about any one of the records I listed up there.  Make yourself look stupid all you want.  This isn't the special olympics, and I won't wait for you to catch up.  If you don't have anything nice to say, go to another thread.  We're all stocked up on assholes here.  

I found this forum because an image search led me to a really great collage that was the cover art for an experimental cassette released in Portugal. I'm a little surprised at the amount of douchebaggery and shallow, mouth-breather, dude-bro etiquette. Honestly, I don't like to walk into someone's house and criticize, but why isn't anyone talking about rare records and why is the "top 10 desert island" list in the "Everything Else" forum? What the hell is wrong with you guys? This is about vinyl, right? I consider myself a serious collector. I thought I had found a haven for a second, but alas, it's the same morons, different avatars, apparently.

If you motherfuckers want to drool over Blink 182 reissues, that is fine, but don't come on my thread trying to condescend to me about music. If you can't read between the lines and see that this is a thread for basically "sharing/showing off your knowledge of rare records" (that you don't own yet for various reasons), with a bit of a "wishful thinking" underpinning, that is your own problem. I can write at length about any one of the records I listed up there. Make yourself look stupid all you want. This isn't the special olympics, and I won't wait for you to catch up. If you don't have anything nice to say, go to another thread. We're all stocked up on assholes here.

wuimp.gif