Out Now: Yndi Halda - "Under Summer"

This album is really fantastic. I don't want to spoil anything for anyone, but it's a lot different than Enjoy Eternal Bliss, but still similar. I don't think anyone will be disappointed. 

This album is really fantastic. I don't want to spoil anything for anyone, but it's a lot different than Enjoy Eternal Bliss, but still similar. I don't think anyone will be disappointed. 

I'm super excited to hear it.

I'll post my full thoughts in a few days (since I do have quite a lot of them) but I really feel as though it's on par with EEB but for very different reasons.  Each album has distinct strong suits that make me appreciate their modest discography so very much.  I honestly would've been bummed out if they sounded rather comparable after 10 years.

I'll post my full thoughts in a few days (since I do have quite a lot of them) but I really feel as though it's on par with EEB but for very different reasons.  Each album has distinct strong suits that make me appreciate their modest discography so very much.  I honestly would've been bummed out if they sounded rather comparable after 10 years.

That's a good point. It has been a long time since EEB. Progression is good. I remember reading that there are a good amount of vocals on Under Summer. I'm excited to read your review before I actually get to listen. The anticipation might end me, though. 

thanks for the info on the sound - that definitely makes me look forward to it!

Is there actually another US press than the "cookie/cream" thing? Those records just match the artwork perfectly.

Big Scary Monsters/EU:

200 x clear with cream splatter 

800 x black

Burnt Toast/US:
500 x cookies and cream

that would have been my question, too. I'm rather new to this band and have no idea how popular they are in the states.

The Burnt Toast homepage actually says nothing about a black variant, the blog entry from a few days ago states: "yndi halda : Under Summer 2xLP on cookies and cream vinyl. Pre-orders are being packed up to ship to arrive in time for the March 4th release date.

Buy the 2xLP and cd from the online store or your favorite local record shop."

that would have been my question, too. I'm rather new to this band and have no idea how popular they are in the states.

The Burnt Toast homepage actually says nothing about a black variant, the blog entry from a few days ago states: "yndi halda : Under Summer 2xLP on cookies and cream vinyl. Pre-orders are being packed up to ship to arrive in time for the March 4th release date.

Buy the 2xLP and cd from the online store or your favorite local record shop."

there was a facebook post on Feb 8th stating it was sold out, and black was available

ah, didn't know about that. The product description on ccmusic (where I pre-ordered my copy) said "colored vinyl". Chances are that Burnt Toast has given a few colored copies to retailers, but I'll believe it when my copy is in my hands. Will report back here, but with the given release date it is going to take a few weeks anyway.

I suppose I should mention, the cookies and cream variant sounds really good. No surface noise, or anything like that. Too bad I can't say the same about the EEB repress I got at the same time. Really noisy, whooshing on silent parts and bubbled labels. At least it plays, and the noise is not too bad bad when the music is actually playing, only silent parts.

And I'm with you Derek, I would have been bummed if it was pretty much the same record that they put out 10 years ago.