What's your favorite piece of your collection?

I recently got The Get Up Kids Something To Write Home About on clear vinyl. It's an error and its estimated there are less than 5. Took me 8 years to find and i got it for a good price.

Non rare record, my favorite is The New Amsterdams Worse For The Wear. It's a great album all the way through and also the first record I ever bought.

Oddly enough both Matt Pryor.

I don't understand why Vinyl Collective is gets so anghsty about these type of threads.   This site is first and foremost, a site for music lovers. 

Mine would be my copies of the Cunninlyguists' albums A Piece of Strange and Strange Journey Volume 3.  Good story behind them too.

Right before I started collecting vinyl, I saw A Piece of Strange and almost bought it while at a Cunninlyguists show.  It is by all accounts one of the best underground hip-hop albums of all time, and is pressed on a gorgeous green and black swirl.  They also and Strange Journey on a grey, pink haze.  A couple months later, I started buying wax and tried to tracking them done.  Thing is, the pressings I'd seen were not only the only time the albums had been issued, they were out of 1000 and only being sold on tour.   So I called my who was going to their Denver show and asked him to see if they still had them.  He reported back, it was a no-go.  

Then Christmas came around and guess what was sitting under the tree for me.  Good brother, eh?   Those records now go for 200-250 dollars each.

I don't understand why Vinyl Collective is gets so anghsty about these type of threads. This site is first and foremost, a site for music lovers.

Mine would be my copies of the Cunninlyguists' albums A Piece of Strange and Strange Journey Volume 3. Good story behind them too.

Right before I started collecting vinyl, I saw A Piece of Strange and almost bought it while at a Cunninlyguists show. It is by all accounts one of the best underground hip-hop albums of all time, and is pressed on a gorgeous green and black swirl. They also and Strange Journey on a grey, pink haze. A couple months later, I started buying wax and tried to tracking them done. Thing is, the pressings I'd seen were not only the only time the albums had been issued, they were out of 1000 and only being sold on tour. So I called my who was going to their Denver show and asked him to see if they still had them. He reported back, it was a no-go.

Then Christmas came around and guess what was sitting under the tree for me. Good brother, eh? Those records now go for 200-250 dollars each.

that sounds pretty awesome! I know not much of the underground hip hop scene, but one artist I really do like that is underground is a guy by the name of Cool Calm Pete. Really good flow, lyrics, and beats in my opinion. I don't think he's ever pressed anything of his on vinyl, although i could be wrong.

I don't understand why Vinyl Collective is gets so anghsty about these type of threads. This site is first and foremost, a site for music lovers.

Mine would be my copies of the Cunninlyguists' albums A Piece of Strange and Strange Journey Volume 3. Good story behind them too.

Right before I started collecting vinyl, I saw A Piece of Strange and almost bought it while at a Cunninlyguists show. It is by all accounts one of the best underground hip-hop albums of all time, and is pressed on a gorgeous green and black swirl. They also and Strange Journey on a grey, pink haze. A couple months later, I started buying wax and tried to tracking them done. Thing is, the pressings I'd seen were not only the only time the albums had been issued, they were out of 1000 and only being sold on tour. So I called my who was going to their Denver show and asked him to see if they still had them. He reported back, it was a no-go.

Then Christmas came around and guess what was sitting under the tree for me. Good brother, eh? Those records now go for 200-250 dollars each.

What about Annilingus?

that sounds pretty awesome! I know not much of the underground hip hop scene, but one artist I really do like that is underground is a guy by the name of Cool Calm Pete. Really good flow, lyrics, and beats in my opinion. I don't think he's ever pressed anything of his on vinyl, although i could be wrong.

Check these tracks out:

A Piece of Strange:

Strange Journey Volume 3:

Real talk: I took a moment from late-night browsing to turn in my swivel chair, recline my feet on a box of records, and check a few things on my phone.  Instagram, app updates, some photo organizing.  Just a few minutes in total – nothing major.  But in the process of adjusting my legs, I guess the crease in my jeans put a sleeper-hold on my dick.  When I turned to check VC (and this thread), all I could feel was the most intense kind of tingling.  Like someone trying to shove crushed ice down my urethra with a pair of chilled tweezers.  It's since subsided, but, holy shit.  I had to tell someone.

Jean creases near the crotch – that's some serious business, and I had no idea idea up until tonight.

I recently got The Get Up Kids Something To Write Home About on clear vinyl. It's an error and its estimated there are less than 5. Took me 8 years to find and i got it for a good price.

Non rare record, my favorite is The New Amsterdams Worse For The Wear. It's a great album all the way through and also the first record I ever bought.

Oddly enough both Matt Pryor.

It's always a great feeling getting a record you've been waiting on for years on end to pop up that's for sure!

Real talk: I took a moment from late-night browsing to turn in my swivel chair, recline my feet on a box of records, and check a few things on my phone. Instagram, app updates, some photo organizing. Just a few minutes in total – nothing major. But in the process of adjusting my legs, I guess the crease in my jeans put a sleeper-hold on my dick. When I turned to check VC (and this thread), all I could feel was the most intense kind of tingling. Like someone trying to shove crushed ice down my urethra with a pair of chilled tweezers. It's since subsided, but, holy shit. I had to tell someone.

Jean creases near the crotch – that's some serious business, and I had no idea idea up until tonight.

I don't understand why Vinyl Collective is gets so anghsty about these type of threads.

I agree 100%. For some reason we ALL have to scroll pass the "How To Press A Record" post. A post that only applies to about 1% of the VC crowd. You wanna know how to press a record? Go to Gotta Groove's website and take it from there.

My favorite record is my Tame Impala 'Lonerism' mispressed with Kurt Vile on the D-side.

Favorite record is Pujol's 2010 7". Not one particular version of it but each version I have in culmination. Including first press, second press, 2 different tour pressings, test press, hand drawn release show cover, and a copy with the original artwork to the tour press. Been a fun journey tracking these down and slowly finding out other versions exist.

Check these tracks out:

A Piece of Strange:

Strange Journey Volume 3:

Do those youtube songs automatically embed? I used to use "

" ...videourl..."

" and the video would embed like you yours instead of just links like you did at the bottom of your post.

I haven't changed anything, Windows 7, laptop (can't do much of anything on mobile) - any help please?

I try not buy anything if it's not a lifetime keeper. Not like the old days when you heard one Queen song on the radio and had to buy the whole album to find that was the only good song.  If there are somewhat blind buys today and I don't like it after 10 listens, I sell it or trade with someone who likes it.

Like trying to pick which is my favorite child or something, almost immoral to entertain the thought.

I agree 100%. For some reason we ALL have to scroll pass the "How To Press A Record" post. A post that only applies to about 1% of the VC crowd. You wanna know how to press a record? Go to Gotta Groove's website and take it from there.

My favorite record is my Tame Impala 'Lonerism' mispressed with Kurt Vile on the D-side.

Exactly. Just trying to start a conversation for what I thought the whole site was about.