PO: Animal Collective - Painting With - 2/19/16

CVHX

yeah I love this record. I think it's going to be pretty divisive as its a very different kind of record than AC has ever made, but I really enjoy it. spilling guts, vertical, bagels in Kiev, on delay, hocus pocus and all three of the singles are all excellent.

golden gal is just stupid good, that refrain at the end is MPP level

• 4 weeks later...

They're a band who clearly moves on sonically from album to album. So wishing for a new album to sound like something a decade+ old is pretty odd.

There are bands who you want to make the same album over and over again because they hone in on a sound and perfect it. This isn't that band.

I mentioned 2 albums and you are acting like I said one.

Merriweather was great as well, so was sung tungs. Centipede was very boring and this album sounds as though it will be too.

It's not baffling.

I don't really think this or CHz are really dramatic departures. I think the tunes on CHz are thee, but it was marred by poor production choices.

I enjoy the hell out of this album. It's a pretty focused effort for them and maybe a bit more pop focused (well, as pop as AC can get). Ultimately, because of how they write songs, it's all pretty original and different from what's out there.

Got the 7" today. 

Hounds of Barrio is great, but it reminds me of a couple album tracks. 

Reenk Roink or Bleep Blop or whatever is pretty terrible.

I can understand why both tracks were cut from the LP.

i would've taken both of these songs on the LP over Natural Selection and Spilling Guts.

• 11 months later...

Geologist & Avey Tare went down to a Brazilian rainforest last year and recorded a live EP that we’re excited to share with you. "Meeting of the Waters” will be available on Record Store Day and accompanied later this year by an episode of “Earth Works” on @VICELAND. More details soon.

Pass.

No Panda is a dealbreaker.