Touché Amore - Condolensces/Available Flexi 7"

jhulud

Touche Amore - Condolences/Available Flexi

The Condolences / Available FLEXI 7” (for those unfamiliar) is a phonograph record made of a thin, flexible vinyl sheet with a molded-in spiral stylus groove, and is designed to be playable on a normal phonograph turntable. By nature, flexis have a history of being finicky due to their thinner material and quick production. (These were originally made to come as prizes in cereal boxes, etc. The quality isn’t perfect and neither is it’s playability. Lets be honest, they’re just really fun to own and collect.)

Track List:

Condolences (Full Band Version)
Available (The National Cover) – originally on the No Sleep Records “A Comp For Mom” digital comp

This purchase includes a digital download of the album. You will be emailed a link to access your download shortly after purchase.

http://kingsroadmerch.com/touche-amore/view/?id=8709&cid=1723

Ordered (reluctantly). Kings road left the worst taste in my mouth since the new bermuda disaster- but I can't pass up on a touche release.

No kidding. We'll see how long it takes for me to finally get my copy. Last I heard they were supposed to have the records in hand and ready to ship over two weeks ago. Haven't heard anything since. Oh well.

Stoked for this flexi though. I don't buy too many 7"s or flexis anymore but as you said, Touche is too good to pass up.

So you pay vinyl prices for an item that is listed as having inferior sound quality and is not made to last? Why is this more fun or collectible than putting out an actual 7"?

I would have ordered if priced right but this makes no sense.

it's more of a collectible than it is something to play, also Touché being associated with KRM is leading me to believe they did sign with Epitaph or Anti

What additional info do you need?  Seems like they covered things pretty well.

I would guess pressing numbers.  If it's not going to be rare and valuable in 3 years, then what's the point?

I was thinking more along the lines of if there will be different versions of this release as there usually are for TA releases. I'd rather wait for a tour exclusive or something and buy it once. I'll probably pull the trigger on this tomorrow because I'm impatient

When I buy a pizza I don't buy it to actually enjoy eating it. I just like to put it in the fridge and maybe eat a burrito instead.

Who is convincing these bands that a flexi is a great idea? Why even waste the resources to create a crappy product that not even Walmart would sell? I fuckin' hate flexis and will rage against that machine forever. I do look forward to a new TA album, hopefully not a flexi album. Uh oh, I probably shouldn't have even put that idea out into the Universe.