Connecting a Speed Box S to a regular NA Debut Carbon, help!

Hi! First post here, kind of desparate for help right now.

I ordered a Pro-Ject Speed Box S over the weekend to use with my Debut Carbon (non DC, US version) and it comes down to one of two things: they are simply incompatible or I have a defective product.

My Debut Carbon runs on a 15v wall wort and the Speed Box S is on 16v, but as far as I know, the two are still compatible despite this slight difference (im not exactly tech savvy)

The Speed Box is able to turn on and power my turntable fine, the problem is switching speeds. The platter just spins on whatever part of the motor pulley its hanging on (45rpm in this case). When I do press the toggle switch, I could hear a change in the sound of the motor, as if it was trying to switch, but can't.

Are they simply incompatible or is my product defective? I'd like to think that there is something wrong with my speed box since it's still able to power the turntable and I don't like the idea of spending $100+ on something that I couldn't use.

Please help! Thanks ahead of time!

"Debut Carbon (only US version with 16 volt motor)"

On the speed box s page.

But I've heard of Speed Box S working on 15 Volt motors..there seems to be some sort of exception here

where are you starting the belt at? I believe you're supposed to set it to 33 and then when you start the table, start it at 33 and then switch to 45.

I've switched back and forth, tried every possible combination and nothing.

Since the Speed Box powers the table up, doesn't this mean that the two are at least compatible? Or not necessarily?