PO: Star Wars: The Force Awakens OST (John Williams) and Original Trilogy on Colored Vinyl

slinch

• 1 month later...

5 minutes ago, travis said:

I still wish John Williams was doing the score for all the Star Wars stories films. It's going to be weird listening to a non-Williams Star Wars score.

Kevin Kiner does all the music for The Clone Wars and Rebels does a nice job. I honestly barely notice its not John Williams. I love Williams but we've got a lot of Stars Wars in store for us and *knock on wood* John Williams IS 84.

3 minutes ago, clerk3745 said:

Kevin Kiner does all the music for The Clone Wars and Rebels does a nice job. I honestly barely notice its not John Williams. I love Williams but we've got a lot of Stars Wars in store for us and *knock on wood* John Williams IS 84.

Yea I knew someone else did The Clone Wars stuff but I never got into any of that stuff.

I'm going to be super bummed the day we lose that guy, not expecting him to be around to finish all these current SW films that are already planned for but hopefully he just lives forever.

3 minutes ago, clerk3745 said:

Yea I knew someone else did The Clone Wars stuff but I never got into any of that stuff.

I'm going to be super bummed the day we lose that guy, not expecting him to be around to finish all these current SW films that are already planned for but hopefully he just lives forever.

1 minute ago, travis said:

I would call myself a superfan (whore) so I dug and even bought the clone wars vinyl and rebels pic disc... and lets not talk about John Williams leaving us until we have to. My sister and I went to see the Cleveland Orchestra play a tribute to John Williams last summer and I honestly teared up during the Star Wars medley. They did the entirety of Raiders of The Lost Ark this summer but I was out of town. 

9 minutes ago, travis said:

I still wish John Williams was doing the score for all the Star Wars stories films. It's going to be weird listening to a non-Williams Star Wars score.

There's a LOT of fantastic non-Williams Star Wars scores (mostly video game). IF you want to check any out I'd recommend:

Knights of the Old Republic (Jeremy Soule)

KOTOR II: The Sith Lords (Mark Griskey) *my personal favorite

Shadows of the Empire (Joel McNeely) *I mean the novel soundtrack/not the game

Battlefront (2015) (Gordy Haab) *hasn't officially been released, but you can find clips on the interwebz

The Force Unleashed (1 & 2) (Mark Griskey/Jesse Harlin)

Republic Commando (Jesse Harlin)

And Giacchino did a great job I thought with Jurassic World.  Gotta say I was kind of bummed that Desplat isn't doing this anymore but I think it'll be alright. 

I just hope Williams can make it through episodes 8 and 9. Then just rides off into the sunset.

2 hours ago, RyanSmithers said:

And Giacchino did a great job I thought with Jurassic World.  Gotta say I was kind of bummed that Desplat isn't doing this anymore but I think it'll be alright. 

I just hope Williams can make it through episodes 8 and 9. Then just rides off into the sunset.

...the binary sunset?

14 hours ago, No This Is Patrick said:

There's a LOT of fantastic non-Williams Star Wars scores (mostly video game). IF you want to check any out I'd recommend:

Knights of the Old Republic (Jeremy Soule)

KOTOR II: The Sith Lords (Mark Griskey) *my personal favorite

Shadows of the Empire (Joel McNeely) *I mean the novel soundtrack/not the game

Battlefront (2015) (Gordy Haab) *hasn't officially been released, but you can find clips on the interwebz

The Force Unleashed (1 & 2) (Mark Griskey/Jesse Harlin)

Republic Commando (Jesse Harlin)

KOTOR II is great. I love Shadows of the Empire too. I'd love to see those get a vinyl release.

I adore Williams, but it makes sense to start injecting other composers into the franchise. I'm hoping one day we'll get the rejected Rogue One score from Desplat. He had to have a near-complete score written.

48 minutes ago, throwgncpr said:

KOTOR II is great. I love Shadows of the Empire too. I'd love to see those get a vinyl release.

I adore Williams, but it makes sense to start injecting other composers into the franchise. I'm hoping one day we'll get the rejected Rogue One score from Desplat. He had to have a near-complete score written.

If there is enough of a demand for it, Disney will release it. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...