What's your system/deck?

Luckily mine has two slots so it's not that big a deal. I tried looking for a new one today at Goodwill. All they had was those big boxy stereos that have like the radio, CD player, DVD player, deep fryer, cassette deck. Super bummed.

Dat deep fryer doe. Mmm.

I check periodically. I really want to upgrade my table first though. Then deck and receiver.

Dat deep fryer doe. Mmm.

I check periodically. I really want to upgrade my table first though. Then deck and receiver.

I was planning on upgrading my table first, but then realized I never listen to my records. So I might just look into buying a better tape deck that isn't from Goodwill. I also want to get an actual dubber so I can make my own tapes.

Problem Part #2

Left tape deck can play tapes, but cannot rewind/fast forward when a tape is in it. If I take the tape out, both buttons & spindle work. Put a tape in and it appears to struggle to try and turn the tape. 

EDIT: Found out the left side does do dubbing, it just isn't tape to tape. You have to use external input which is weird.

EDIT2: It does do tape to tape. I didn't have the right button pressed in. It's suppose to be auto-sync yet doesn't really work so you have to press play on both at the same time.

i have a nakamichi bx-1 i got off ebay and it sounds fucking awesome

but it has a few problems

the rewind function doesnt work so i always have to flip the cassette over and fast forward instead

before i listen to any tape i have to let it fast forward with nothing in it for a bit or else the cassette will play a few seconds then stop

I was planning on upgrading my table first, but then realized I never listen to my records. So I might just look into buying a better tape deck that isn't from Goodwill. I also want to get an actual dubber so I can make my own tapes.

I listen to vinyl a lot, but I've been wanting to make mixtapes too. Ideally I could put tracks on tape from my records and have music I don't have to flip over every 20 minutes while I grade papers or clean or whatever.

No complaints, everything sounds pretty good outside of a few tapes that have poor audio quality. Mine came in great condition, hopefully yours does as well.

Got it in the mail today. Besides a few scratches on the top (which I filled in with a black marker), it's in good shape. And it sounds fantastic! I don't remember cassettes sounding this good when I was a kid. But I also have a better amp and speakers than we would've had in our house or car at the time, so that probably helps. Really enjoying a stack of 90s cassettes I grabbed from a music store this week for cheap.

Got it in the mail today. Besides a few scratches on the top (which I filled in with a black marker), it's in good shape. And it sounds fantastic! I don't remember cassettes sounding this good when I was a kid. But I also have a better amp and speakers than we would've had in our house or car at the time, so that probably helps. Really enjoying a stack of 90s cassettes I grabbed from a music store this week for cheap.

This is what I did this week when I received my deck - a marathon of listening to stuff that has been bought over the last few months. 

Yeah I was listening to some tapes and I thought jesus these sound pretty damn good and then some tapes that were badly recorded were more of what I remember from my childhood.

I have a Sony Walkman FX251, but the belt is toast. I opened it up the night before last and the belt was all twisted up and fell apart when I tried to untangle it. I have another deck on the way, but kinda want to fix this one up too, because it was a solid player. Unfortunately it'd cost me $10 for just that part. Should I just lay it to rest?