Brian Fallon - Painkillers (March 11th)

Just ordered the LP and 7"boxset, and was only charged $12.62 ( shipping and tax) for it?

Did that happen to anyone else?

After receiving my conformation email I went into the Order Detail Summary and the LP already says processing. The boxset doesn't, considering it isn't suppose to ship until May or June. Kinda weird.

http://s17.postimg.org/92icr5zcf/image.png

other than warhen's post, has anyone seen his recent solo show and think it's REALLY worth a go? i like half of gaslight's studio work, like his solo work and am contemplating seeing him when he comes to town feb 17.  i saw the gaslight anthem back in 2008 when they played with thrice and alkaline trio and i was way bored by their set, which was disappointing.  i'd be willing to go to the show featuring him and "the crowes" (which is what the show is billed as) if it's going to be more entertaining...  what i'm asking is how does it compare to GLA circa '08 (or now? i wouldn't know, i haven't given it another chance)?

other than warhen's post, has anyone seen his recent solo show and think it's REALLY worth a go? i like half of gaslight's studio work, like his solo work and am contemplating seeing him when he comes to town feb 17.  i saw the gaslight anthem back in 2008 when they played with thrice and alkaline trio and i was way bored by their set, which was disappointing.  i'd be willing to go to the show featuring him and "the crowes" (which is what the show is billed as) if it's going to be more entertaining...  what i'm asking is how does it compare to GLA circa '08 (or now? i wouldn't know, i haven't given it another chance)?

I may be in the minority here but I went with my wife to his show featuring the Crowes and they played a bunch of stuff off this album, some Horrible Crowes stuff, some material he previous released on his own, and a cover or two. We didn't stay the entire set because eventually we got bored and the show was full of drunk bros. I honestly am a little biased because Sink or Swim blew me away and once 59' Sound came out I didn't feel the same about them. I did like the Horrible Crowes material but this had more of a "classic rock" feel so I wasn't impressed.

TL;DR - If you were bored then, you'll be bored now. It was meh.

I may be in the minority here but I went with my wife to his show featuring the Crowes and they played a bunch of stuff off this album, some Horrible Crowes stuff, some material he previous released on his own, and a cover or two. We didn't stay the entire set because eventually we got bored and the show was full of drunk bros. I honestly am a little biased because Sink or Swim blew me away and once 59' Sound came out I didn't feel the same about them. I did like the Horrible Crowes material but this had more of a "classic rock" feel so I wasn't impressed.

TL;DR - If you were bored then, you'll be bored now. It was meh.

thanks! oof, I'll likely pass then. I feel like hermitting away with my family this month anyway, ha.

• 1 month later...