Brian Fallon - Painkillers (March 11th)

9 hours ago, jerseypride said:

Realms, where'd you order yours from, Fallon's online store? If so, they should've sent you a download link (minus the 2 bonus tracks). How is Blues Mary? Is it similar to the treatment he gave Tin Pan Alley on Georgia?

@jerseypride I actually got it from a distro company locally. I already got the regular LP so I got a download of the main album.

Also, check your PMs.

• 3 months later...

Ordered this the other day from SRC (first time ordering from them since they messed up my Jack's Mannequin Everything in Transit 5th Anniversary order years ago... but they had this on sale for $13 and Cartel for $10, so I figured why not).

Came in today (in great shape). Pulled the album out and was surprised with the color, as I thought it was a black pressing. I looked a little closer, and realized that the album inside the jacket was not Painkillers, but ASIAN MAN MUSIC FOR ASIAN MAN PEOPLE "Vol 2" LP  :o

Needless to say, I've already emailed SRC... just curious if anyone else had this issue with this album (assuming not since no one has posted about it, but figured it wouldn't hurt)

EDIT: It now says its out of stock too..... great.

Edited by nardes

14 hours ago, nardes said:

Ordered this the other day from SRC (first time ordering from them since they messed up my Jack's Mannequin Everything in Transit 5th Anniversary order years ago... but they had this on sale for $13 and Cartel for $10, so I figured why not).

Came in today (in great shape). Pulled the album out and was surprised with the color, as I thought it was a black pressing. I looked a little closer, and realized that the album inside the jacket was not Painkillers, but ASIAN MAN MUSIC FOR ASIAN MAN PEOPLE "Vol 2" LP  :o

Needless to say, I've already emailed SRC... just curious if anyone else had this issue with this album (assuming not since no one has posted about it, but figured it wouldn't hurt)

How did that even happen! At that Asian Man release is pretty damn good. (Usually Asian Man has extra covers if you email them if you are able to keep it). 

16 hours ago, nardes said:

Was the album factory sealed or in a dust sleeve? If it's the latter, it could be possible that someone returned it and accidentally put the wrong record in the sleeve or something.

5 hours ago, ajhall04 said:

How did that even happen! At that Asian Man release is pretty damn good. (Usually Asian Man has extra covers if you email them if you are able to keep it). 

No clue lol... I was really caught off guard

2 hours ago, scottheisel said:

Was the album factory sealed or in a dust sleeve? If it's the latter, it could be possible that someone returned it and accidentally put the wrong record in the sleeve or something.

Factory sealed!

• 3 months later...
On 8/30/2016 at 5:03 PM, nardes said:

I bought Painkillers today from my local Bull Moose Music and had the same issue! Split color Asian Man Comp.  When I did a Google search for this problem your post was the only thing I found! I actually just made an account on here to tell you that you aren't alone haha.

• 4 years later...

This record is back up from a third party on Amazon, at a reasonable price.

https://www.amazon.com/Painkillers-LP-Brian-Fallon/dp/B01AXA6JHO

Good thing, too. I bought the last copy that Barnes and Noble had, and it just so happened to be a 30 minute drive from me. Didn't want to drive, so I had it shipped, and it arrived in pieces... Very happy to be able to buy this.