Mixtape Trade Thread

On 10/3/2016 at 10:26 PM, MyckelJay said:

I got the art worked finished, the tape is recorded. It's ready to be sent. Just DM me whenever you finish yours and we'll exchange addresses. I'm so hype. 

Really sorry it's taking me so long to do this. Life's been whack lately. I promise to do it soon!!

On 10/6/2016 at 11:55 PM, vintage_milk said:

I didn't want to make a new thread for this, so I thought I'd ask here. Does anyone have any experience printing double sided j-cards? Whenever I print it myself or have it done at FedEx Office, the covers don't align properly and end up looking like trash when they're cut. I tried offsetting a side and got somewhat close but it was a lot of trial and error and very tedious. Any tips for a better process?  I've been using duplication.ca's j-card template if that helps.

I don't, but there's a dude on a Facebook group who does a stellar job. The group is Cassette Community and his name is Jim Petrowski. He seems like a fairly nice guy.  Also, @Shitty Rambo and @dkrtz are around here.

Edited by Fowty Dollaz
Name

2 hours ago, MyckelJay said:

Don't stress it, man. Take your time. Hope everything is alright with you! 

Thanks! Yeah, things are okay, just really friggin' busy. Being a 1st year teacher is hard and other stuff is really coming together to eat all of my time. I'll (hopefully) be making it this week and shipping it out this weekend or early next week. I'll update you when I do. :D

• 2 months later...
On 10/3/2016 at 9:45 PM, Santa Bateman said:

is it basically music the person who is making it is into or whats

cause im almost done getting a receiver and what not, well maybe but i can probably still make one soon

but im not into a lot of the stuff that gets posted in this sub

cause im almost done getting a receiver and what not, well maybe but i can probably still make one soon

but im not into a lot of the stuff that gets posted in this sub

I would suppose you could put whatever on it. After all, it's your mixtape. If you're looking for a certain idea from someone else (via trade), just mention the genre you're into. I'm sure someone can throw a mixtape together that satisfies your request. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

hello

i'm hoping to find someone to swap tapes\cds with every so often, maybe every 6 or 9 or 12 months.  i'm into a bit of everything (especially indie, punk, emo, alt-country) but happy to explore anything good.  i'm a bit old and lost track of recent stuff, which is one of the reasons i'd like to do some trades, so expect to receive a tape with lots of 90s stuff on it.  already made one which has some of the following on it...
higuma, whiskeytown, plaids, archers of loaf, jones very, swervedriver, wooden shjips, seam, universal order of armageddon, dylan golden aycock

drop me a PM if you are interested.

thanks!!!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2017‎年‎4‎月‎9‎日 at 11:44 PM, iainthepitman said:

swervedriver

very nice, that takes me back. still regret selling my "raise" lp.

have done a couple of these tape clubs before and they often end acriminiously.  But have gotten a couple of GREAT tapes.

I thought the accepted format was get, say, 12 people, and every month 1 person makes 11 tapes and ships em out to the other 11 people. Twin tape deck hi-speed dubbing makes it easy. So make 1 tape you're done. "My month is May, yours is June" etc.  Problem there is it only takes one person to flake and they want 11 tapes while flaking on their month and not making anything.

interesting challenge would be 26 people, each making a  mix of bands starting with a certain letter. "You have A, I have B" etc

Edited by Sprague Dawley

• 3 weeks later...

Hey! If anyone wants to trade a tape of some of your favorite local bands for some of my favorite local bands, hit me up. I've had this tape made for a while now, but I just recorded over the audio I had on it the first time and it actually sounds good now. 

My tape consists of pop-punk, post-hardcore, indie,  progressive metal and pop rock.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2017 at 11:18 AM, MyckelJay said:

Hey! If anyone wants to trade a tape of some of your favorite local bands for some of my favorite local bands, hit me up. I've had this tape made for a while now, but I just recorded over the audio I had on it the first time and it actually sounds good now. 

My tape consists of pop-punk, post-hardcore, indie,  progressive metal and pop rock.

Pretty sure that was made for me and I completely forgot about it. :( Sorry dude. Life got crazy as fuck this year. Dead family, had a kid, etc. If I find time to make one for you, I will hit you up. I should be home all summer, but I have a newborn too, so I'll be as quick as The Donald is smart.

On 5/24/2017 at 7:10 PM, Fowty Dollaz said:

Pretty sure that was made for me and I completely forgot about it. :( Sorry dude. Life got crazy as fuck this year. Dead family, had a kid, etc. If I find time to make one for you, I will hit you up. I should be home all summer, but I have a newborn too, so I'll be as quick as The Donald is smart.

It's cool, man! No rush. I actually listen to it quite often :)

• 2 months later...
On 8/31/2016 at 0:10 AM, MyckelJay said:

This is a great idea! I'd totally be down to trade a mixtape with some tracks from my favorite local artists from my area (rock sub-genres) for a tape of other artists from one of y'alls' area. I'm always looking for a new small band to listen to, and it seems like a great way to get the 'local' bands discovered elsewhere. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/3/2017 at 11:11 AM, swagallama said:

If this thread stayed active I think this would be a really cool idea

It's still a cool idea, just extremely inactive. I still have a mixtape of some great local bands to trade to anyone who is interested. Mostly pop-punk, post-hardcore and alt. rock. Really good stuff.

• 3 weeks later...