Yeezus (Limited Edition) Cassette Now Available!

Respect The Classics who release hip hop vinyl reissues just announced a Yeezus cassette!

http://www.respecttheclassics.com/collections/all-products/products/yeezus-limited-edition-cassette

Yeezus-Cassette-square_1024x1024.jpg?v=1Yeezus is the sixth studio album from Kanye West. It was released on June 18, 2013, by Def Jam Recordings. Yeezus has been characterized as West's most abrasive and sonically experimental album, incorporating elements of industrial, acid house, dancehall, electro, and Chicago drill. During the production of the album, West was influenced by minimalist design and architecture, in particular the works of Le Corbusier, and visited the Louvre several times for inspiration. Yeezus has no album artwork, and the physical CD edition of the album was released in a clear jewel box with only a strip of red tape and sample credits. The album continues West's use of unconventional samples, including (and most notably) the vocal refrain from Nina Simone's cover of "Strange Fruit." Get this groundbreaking album on a limited edition cassette for the first time ever!

is this a boot? unofficial? i've heard of respect the classics but don't know anything about them.

It is 100% official. They do reissues of a lot of Def Jam and Interscope stuff. They did the reissue of 808s & Heartbreak earlier this year. This was a cyber monday special, but I guess is still available.

Respect The Classics

Profile:
Cross-Label Initiative Kicked Off on September 3rd 2013, with Remastered Special Edition Reissues spotlighting iconic, genre-defining albums from the Def Jam RecordingsInterscope RecordsPriority Records and Virgin Records Ltd.vaults. 

Not a bootleg I guess they just did a weird release with them prior to the website announcement.

Looks identical to my copy, which (as far as I know) is not official at all. Maybe it was some kind of weird underground "bootleg" release at first but was actually official? It's worth the money either way, as it sounds great.

NOSG5Ed.jpg

Where did you get yours?

Got mine in today. Came with an orange sticker around the side of it similar to the CD. However, it's on the outside of the plastic wrap.

When compared to the tapes posted above, mine has less tape inside. Where theirs covers the "ST" in West, mine barely touches the words. Same goes for the "B" for the side indicator. My tape ends just on the right of the letter, while theirs goes past it quite a bit. It's hard to read in the photos, but the numbers underneath Def Jam on Side A seem to match the ones on the barcode that mine came with. Just something I noticed.

EDIT: turns out they're not bootlegs?

"These are not bootlegs. These are from my other business which we sell to inmates in state prison and cassettes need to be made like this!

These are direct from universal records where I have exclusive contract to purchase music"

Found the eBay account selling the bootleg cassettes. Apparently they just make all their bootlegs look exactly alike. And the description on every item is the same as well. Kinda funny actually.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/ernie1723?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

ONE OF A KIND!

Brand New Official [insert album title here] Album Cassettes

these are still wrapped in plastic with No artwork

A Collectors Dream!

• 2 weeks later...

EDIT: turns out they're not bootlegs?

"These are not bootlegs. These are from my other business which we sell to inmates in state prison and cassettes need to be made like this!

These are direct from universal records where I have exclusive contract to purchase music"

Found the eBay account selling the bootleg cassettes. Apparently they just make all their bootlegs look exactly alike. And the description on every item is the same as well. Kinda funny actually.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/ernie1723?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Ha! I just came here to post this. Did some research when I could have just checked this thread. Apparently cassettes are still pretty prominent in the prison system. All of these prison tapes are supposedly limited /250.

Kind of wild that there is a legitimate underground cassette culture with official mainstream rap tapes that I knew nothing about (guess I'm happy to find out this way instead of first-hand). But I'm glad I have the OG prison copy of Yeezus! And my RTC press is on the way, so now I'll have both!  B)