Snoop Dogg - Doggystyle - Clean

Capkurt6

Did clean versions of any mainstream releases even exist back in the day?  This is probably a dumb question, but I would assume not.  Besides radio versions?

I have the cd version of this:

http://www.discogs.com/Eazy-E-Str8-Off-Tha-Streetz-Of-Compton/release/2441780

haha I used to work at a record store where they would throw away unsellable cds. Clean rap albums fell into that category

I have the cd version of this:

http://www.discogs.com/Eazy-E-Str8-Off-Tha-Streetz-Of-Compton/release/2441780

haha I used to work at a record store where they would throw away unsellable cds. Clean rap albums fell into that category

I remember buying a clean Eminem album when I was really young, hahaha.

I was more so referring to vinyl though.

Did clean versions of any mainstream releases on vinyl even exist back in the day? This is probably a dumb question, but I would assume not. Besides radio versions?

Yes a lot of rap had clean pressings specifically for DJs. I have a Pretty Ricky album that's clean. Lol probably one other one as well but mostly promo stuff nothing you can buy at a record shop new.

I've been buying rap albums since the late 90s & don't remember ever seeing LPs come in clean versions. All the singles had a clean/radio cut since those were what were played on the radio. I wouldn't doubt if some of the huge LPs had clean versions but I can't imagine many of them did.

p.s.

The first explicit rap cassette I was allowed to own was Run DMCs Raising Hell. Followed quickly by 2 Live Crew's The 2 Live Crew Is What We Are & Move Somethin' after I realized my parents weren't censoring my purchases any more. I was 12 & had mad fresh style.

Damn it's easy to fire you guys up.  I have a few clean lyric (yes, will allthe good parts removed) ODB albums that I found in an old DJ lot and I'm wondering if this album exists in the same capacity.

Just a general question tha'ts all.

We're not fired up. It's just that your request is absurd.

Your best bet might be this release: http://www.discogs.com/Snoop-Doggy-Dogg-Snoop-Doggy-Dogg/release/2140463

You should probably ask the seller if it is censored before you buy it though. I've run across a lot of censored LP's in DJ lots as well, many of which were not marked as so. Usually you'll see something along the lines of "For Radio Play," or censored song titles as the giveaway that it's clean.