The Killers - Hot Fuss - Unofficial/Bootleg Release

Hi everyone, I'm fairly new to this board (this is my second post) but I figured I would share a YouTube video I made regarding a Killers - Hot Fuss bootleg that I recently got.

I normally browse and post on Reddit's /r/vinyl subreddit but I've never been a big fan of the voting system in place there. 

The video can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oSQYREUgQc

Any questions or criticisms are appreciated. The next time I will make a video I will make sure there is less background noise when I'm speaking. 

I am excited to be a member of this forum, the community seems really awesome! 

So am I supposed to go post in a 3 year old thread rather than making a current one? It doesn't help much if you just post a link and don't explain... Like I said I'm new to this board so I don't know if it's possible for me to delete this thread and post in the old one. Any tips would be appreciated (and more helpful than just giving me a -1 and not helping me).

My -1 was for posting a youtube video about a record you bought. Had nothing to do with this thread.

So no one was interested in how the pressing sounds? 

I don't see the logic in this.

Anyway I'll be ready for your next -1 when I put the next YouTube video on here.

I know some people on here will appreciate it.

I like your tenacity. You come here complaining of Reddit's voting system then instantly embrace getting -1s here. Just collecting downvotes wherever you go with no fucks given.

Eh what can I say, haters gonna hate. I was under the impression that this place was for discussing vinyl whether that be pre-orders, rare pressings, pressing quality, label quality, etc. I guess posting a video about a record rustles everyone's jimmies. Sorry if it's that big of a deal.

Eh what can I say, haters gonna hate. I was under the impression that this place was for discussing vinyl whether that be pre-orders, rare pressings, pressing quality, label quality, etc. I guess posting a video about a record rustles everyone's jimmies. Sorry if it's that big of a deal.

The big deal is how you fail to see that if everyone posted a video on youtube & started a thread on VC every time they bought a record, there would be thousands of threads exactly like this.

The big deal is how you fail to see that if everyone posted a video on youtube & started a thread on VC every time they bought a record, there would be thousands of threads exactly like this.

So far all I have seen from this board is a bunch of PO threads and some people crying about my thread and/or YouTube video. Seems like a bunch of passive aggressive crybabies to me. If there really is such a problem with people posting YouTube videos then go ahead and show me some examples of other people posting some OC that gets rage like this.

I enjoy the positive criticism I have received from a few people here (mostly in private-- not a good sign), but to be honest this place seems like a worse circle jerk than reddit from what I've experienced so far.

I came here expecting a nice chill place to talk about music, rare records, and trading but all I've received thus far is millennial angst.

So far all I have seen from this board is a bunch of PO threads and some people crying about my thread and/or YouTube video. Seems like a bunch of passive aggressive crybabies to me. If there really is such a problem with people posting YouTube videos then go ahead and show me some examples of other people posting some OC that gets rage like this.

I enjoy the positive criticism I have received from a few people here (mostly in private-- not a good sign), but to be honest this place seems like a worse circle jerk than reddit from what I've experienced so far.

I came here expecting a nice chill place to talk about music, rare records, and trading but all I've received thus far is millennial angst.

That's pretty much VC in a nutshell. Here's a bit of advice for you, If you're going to post a video review of records you purchase, cool, just start your own thread and bump that each time. Expect to be slammed by members often. If you review Thrice, Blink, Brand New, or any others bands of the like, expect shit storms, like Mark Wahlberg in The Perfect Storm type shit storms. In your threads, don't fight back, even the people defending whatever you're doing will turn on you, especially in a Blink, Thrice, or Brand New thread. Other than that this place is full of great info once you learn how to navigate your way around. Welcome, enjoy!

Nobody on this board has to prove shit to you, dude. If you don't like this place, leave.

Every forum has rules and restrictions, and this isn't just a place to post Youtube videos of guys saying 'the jacket is garbage'. Nobody cares. Do you understand? If we did care, a comment is sufficient, not a whole video that nobody asked for explaining the intricacies of bootlegs to vinyl collectors.

Starting a topic about a random-ass record that doesn't raise any actual issues, then exploding in aggression when someone points out there's a thread about that already, then acting butthurt when people express their disinterest, is not a good way to start. Lurk before you post.

In general, if you want a place to share your youtube videos documenting your vinyl library, go elsewhere.

That's pretty much VC in a nutshell. Here's a bit of advice for you, If you're going to post a video review of records you purchase, cool, just start your own thread and bump that each time. Expect to be slammed by members often. If you review Thrice, Blink, Brand New, or any others bands of the like, expect shit storms, like Mark Wahlberg in The Perfect Storm type shit storms. In your threads, don't fight back, even the people defending whatever you're doing will turn on you, especially in a Blink, Thrice, or Brand New thread. Other than that this place is full of great info once you learn how to navigate your way around. Welcome, enjoy!

Best most real advice I've found so far, thank you.

As for HoneyFrosted I don't think you were hugged enough as a child and tend to take your passive aggressive angst out on people that mean you no harm. No worries, I appreciate the replies even if they aren't helpful and mostly full of your self-esteem issues and projecting.