Rise Records Holiday Vinyl

s_r0d

2 hours ago, Han Solo said:

I hope next Christmas Rise presses the rest of the Plot In You albums. I don't think they ended on very good terms, but if Rise managed to make Ground Dweller happen we might get lucky

How DID they make ground dweller happen?

Also have my fingers crossed for Of Machines eventually. That and Decoder, but that copyright stuff has me thinking it'll never happen. 

18 minutes ago, [Banned User] said:

Also have my fingers crossed for Of Machines eventually. That and Decoder, but that copyright stuff has me thinking it'll never happen. 

I’d buy Of Machines in a heartbeat.  So sad how underrated that band is (was).

Edited by FiggyPud

4 hours ago, FiggyPud said:

I’d buy Of Machines in a heartbeat.  So sad how underrated that band is (was).

I liked them until the singer did the funding project then took everyones money and said screw everyone thats complaining it was only like 5k or something and wasn't enough to make an album. 

Edited by MayCauseDeath

4 hours ago, MayCauseDeath said:

I liked them until the singer did the funding project then took everyones money and said screw everyone thats complaining it was only like 5k or something and wasn't enough to make an album. 

I forgot about that lol.  I mean, I didn’t donate any money to it, but I remember it happening.  I didn’t listen to anything after that first album anyways.  I forget why... was there a lineup change or something?

4 hours ago, FiggyPud said:

I didn’t listen to anything after that first album anyways.

Sounds like you listened to their whole catalog then. As If Everything was their last release.

3 hours ago, THE_James_Champ said:

I'm still waiting on a press for Tides of Man's Empire Theory

This guy knows what's up. While we're all throwing out hypotheticals I'll jump on the Oceana and Decoder bandwagons and throw on MSWHITE - Squares and Burdenofaday - Blessed Be Our Ever After for good measure.

4 minutes ago, s_r0d said:

Out of all the new pressings, I can't believe this one is the top seller. 

I can, that album nostalgia's so hard. It was the breakout star for a whole new sub-genre, at a time when it was actually a new and exciting sound. Not a cookie cutter b-band troupe. 

I went in for one of those, as well as the Breath Carolina record. 

6 hours ago, s_r0d said:

Out of all the new pressings, I can't believe this one is the top seller. 

I'm not surprised at this at all. Attack Attack! kickstarted Austin Carlile, Caleb Shomo and Johnny Franck's careers as credible musicians. Even people who were never big on Attack Attack! are still discovering this album just because of Beartooth or Of Mice & Men or even Bilmuri. And for those who did or do still listen to this album, it's nostalgia at its finest. As much as this album was shit on around the time of its release, it is a staple in the "electronicore" genre. I'm not shocked that this sold out as quickly as it did.

7 hours ago, V3XED said:

Decoder would be amazing.  I thought they lost the rights to that name though??? They changed over to Lead Hands at some point before the breakup.

They changed their name, then never did anything, lol. But yeah, it would likely come out as Lead Hands.