ORDER NOW: LCD Soundsystem - Christmas Will Break Your Heart 7"

Vector53

One thing that strikes me as odd is that they put up a Xmas single to order a day before Xmas. Meaning everyone gets their order on like Jan 4-7th...right when Xmas is in full swing. I can't wait to play this in a few weeks to get the family in the festive spirit for Xmas 2016

Records aren't like milk, they don't go bad in a few weeks. You can listen to it next year and every year after that...

It seems like all that Benny and Ben are saying is the timing is a little odd. It's like they missed the stereotypical window for this type of release by a few weeks. Then again, maybe that's by design. It IS sort of an anti-holiday song, after all.

A teaser before the reunion is announced in a week and a half.

From their FB page:

so, there’s been this depressing christmas song i’d been singing to myself for the past 8 years, and every year i wouldn’t remember that i wanted to make it until december, which is just too late to actually record and release a christmas song... but this year, al doyle had a short break between hot chip tours where he could be in nyc, and pat and nancy were home, and tyler agreed to fly out from berlin for a few days, so we all recorded this together, reserved a pressing plant slot, and our friend bob weston was available to master it quickly—so that means, less than 2 weeks after we recorded it, there is actually a christmas 7", which feels like something that could only have happened a very, very long time ago.

anyway, for the holidays we give you the previous, very long run-on sentence, and this song: “christmas will break your heart”, which is another one of those songs which had about 75 lines of lyrics, though we’ve knocked down to 8 to keep the suicide rate in check.

have fun!

From their FB page:

so, there’s been this depressing christmas song i’d been singing to myself for the past 8 years, and every year i wouldn’t remember that i wanted to make it until december, which is just too late to actually record and release a christmas song... but this year, al doyle had a short break between hot chip tours where he could be in nyc, and pat and nancy were home, and tyler agreed to fly out from berlin for a few days, so we all recorded this together, reserved a pressing plant slot, and our friend bob weston was available to master it quickly—so that means, less than 2 weeks after we recorded it, there is actually a christmas 7", which feels like something that could only have happened a very, very long time ago.

anyway, for the holidays we give you the previous, very long run-on sentence, and this song: “christmas will break your heart”, which is another one of those songs which had about 75 lines of lyrics, though we’ve knocked down to 8 to keep the suicide rate in check.

have fun!

That was also on the youtube description.

If only they said they'd be pressing up some more, or at least making more available for preorder or something.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
6 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

Any news on a 7" of the new songs?

Also anyone tired of their christmas 7" and want to sell it?

im tired of many artists that I listen to, who managed to stay admirably apolitical for decades, finally finding their political "courage" when it has never been easier than to be anti-Trump in 2017. boring. not courageous. feigned political acumen. I might not agree with many of the views of anarchist punk bands that have been political for decades, but they have far more say than Gorillaz and James Murphy in my book. anyone else miss music about real life? politics isnt real life

7 minutes ago, rogeoa8 said:

im tired of many artists that I listen to, who managed to stay admirably apolitical for decades, finally finding their political "courage" when it has never been easier than to be anti-Trump in 2017. boring. not courageous. feigned political acumen. I might not agree with many of the views of anarchist punk bands that have been political for decades, but they have far more say than Gorillaz and James Murphy in my book. anyone else miss music about real life? politics isnt real life

Personally, I'm a big fan of music that sounds good when it goes in my ears. I know that's a bit of a hot take nowadays, but goddammit, when a song sounds good I can't help but enjoy it. These songs sound really good to me, so call me old fashioned, but I'm a fan.

Edited by DOMAN127