ORDER NOW: LCD Soundsystem - Christmas Will Break Your Heart 7"

Vector53

Just now, DOMAN127 said:

Personally, I'm a big fan of music that sounds good when it goes in my ears. I know that's a bit of a hot take nowadays, but goddammit, when a song sounds good I can't help but enjoy it. These songs sound really good to me, so call me old fashioned, but I'm a fan.

thats very new-fashioned, in fact. to care only about what sounds good and not at all about the message an artist is sending through lyrics literally defines pop music fans and what makes pop music popular now.

17 minutes ago, cantdance said:

You act like James Murphy has no roots in punk music, this is exactly what his background would lead him to want to write about

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Great tracks!

songs are fine to listen to, not disagreeing. also not saying there is anything wrong with liking music for the sound alone. but just because someone has "punk roots" does not mean they have ever been political, lyrically. i was making a comparison between artists who have always been political, and those who have never been but suddenly found the courage in 2017 (its not courage at all). Others might disagree, but I would argue 2017 has seen the biggest wave of artists-gone-political than the start of any year in recent memory. There is something to be said for that, and its not just the recursive "#dumptrump". joining a million voices already saying the same thing is not  political courage, and its definitely not punk rock. end rant, sorry i just completely lose some of my formerly favorite artists when they start writing this stuff i dont care about.

Edited by rogeoa8

I have to say the more I listen these tracks, the more and more I'm loving them. I was kind of nervous after it having been 7 years since their last album but these have me even more excited for the new album whenever that's going to happen. The SNL performance was also great considering how most bands sound on SNL. 

2 hours ago, Blumplum said:

I have to say the more I listen these tracks, the more and more I'm loving them. I was kind of nervous after it having been 7 years since their last album but these have me even more excited for the new album whenever that's going to happen. The SNL performance was also great considering how most bands sound on SNL. 

Totally agree. I was lukewarm on Call the Police (mostly because I made the mistake of reading the comparisons to U2 and couldn't get it out of my head) but I really like that one single is more closely tied to their punk stuff while the other is more of a ballad. Both emotive in different ways and both sounded great last night. 

Edited by MD82