City Of Caterpillar - ST getting a repress in 2016

I love this LP and others in the genre and I legitimately had to google skramz cause I have never heard it before.

does that include like Neil Perry, Saetia and such?

I'm late to the "favorite screamo band" talk, but no one said Neil Perry and I needed to make sure that any newbs who are reading this also check them out.

Also Spirit Of Versailles and You & I

:)

hehe

also love me some You and I (and the Assistant)!!

yeah it's true.

back in the day Greg gave me one of those CDEPs with him on it.  

it's worth a ton now.   

http://www.discogs.com/Interpol-Fukd-ID-3/release/432216

http://www.discogs.com/Interpol-Fukd-ID-3/release/791011

it's nuts.

damn that's rad!

Also yes to Neil Perry. Millions Spent at the Penny Arcade is a jam! And another connection to Hot Cross :)

I'm into Off Minor

Oh shit, Majority Rule were dope too. Remembering so many bands because of this thread. I wonder if Joshua Fit For Battle hold up.

Emergency Numbers was such a fucking dope record. That riff at the end of Boeing is one of the beastliest goddamned things ever

anyone else into Shotmaker?

YES! their split with Maximillian Colby is a big deal. All the screamy shit they influenced is rad (Okara, Blake, The Plan, etc) and the bands they were associated with post breakup (Three Penny Opera and 30 Second Motion Picture) were as well. The 90's Canada/Virginia ties were strong musically.

p.s. Never associated Majority Rule with Screamo or Skramz or anything like that. They were just a amazing band. Super nice dudes. And for a 3 piece, one of the loudest bands ive seen live. 

how about some early Lovitt shit..??

first Engine Down, Four Hundred years, Sleepytime Trio?

I saw Four Hundred Year, Sleepytime and Saetia at ABC NoRio in like '00.

a. mazing.

I love Engine Down. They played here with These Arms are Snakes. I was 17 and the show was 18+ Neither band ever came back :(

I love Engine Down. They played here with These Arms are Snakes. I was 17 and the show was 18+ Neither band ever came back :(

I honestly saw ED so many times.  I loved that band.

I think only that first LP would be considered more hardcore / screamo..

then it became slowly more indie I think.

• 2 months later...

Bumping because I just now noticed this from the label in charge of the reissue:

The test pressings that we received from United didn't sound up to the quality that we and the band were hoping for, so we have scrapped them. However, the good news is that we've gotten Jack Shirley at his Atomic Garden Studios (Deafheaven, Loma Prieta, etc.) to remaster the whole album!!! The new remastered files are currently being made into test presses for a second round. We hope that despite this delay, we will still have the LP's out by late Spring 2016.

I'm somewhat curious to hear what a Jack Shirley remaster of this album would sound like. Still not giving up my original pressing though.