PO NOW: Pinegrove - Cardinal LP/CD/CS 2/12 Run For Cover Records

14 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

https://t.co/TdDpcnCZX3

Doesn’t look like we’ll get LP2 anytime soon. Either he’s really glossing over some more sinister actions or this feels a lot like the Turnover dude situation. 

From what I can decipher, he's essentially apologizing for being charismatic and for briefly dating a girl who already had a boyfriend, which ended badly? Wild stuff. Yeah, either he's getting out ahead of something serious or he's just being extremely sensitive (and based on their music, I wouldn't rule out the latter).

19 minutes ago, AlexH. said:

From what I can decipher, he's essentially apologizing for being charismatic and for briefly dating a girl who already had a boyfriend, which ended badly? Wild stuff. Yeah, either he's getting out ahead of something serious or he's just being extremely sensitive (and based on their music, I wouldn't rule out the latter).

Hahahahah. 

21 minutes ago, aopps42 said:

Based on his version of things, I don't see why he is apologizing for anything.  

You can apologize for things, even if those things aren't criminal acts or if they aren't at the level of Jesse Lacey or other entertainment 'scandals'. We let down people we care about all the time, often in small or subtle ways, and we feel sorry for it and apologize. In his specific case, it's hard to know exactly what to make of what he's shared. There is the best case scenario, which is that he is a good dude who got into some murky waters as far as treating women poorly/uncaringly, him being in a semi-popular band helped facilitate that, and he wants to do a personal inventory before he tries to go on tour again, and there is the other scenario, which is that he did something pretty bad and he is getting out ahead of it with his version which minimizes and frames things to his advantage. I really hope it's the former and that the person he's referencing is OK.

Edited by swb

6 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

Echoing everyone else here (and the FB comments, too) if what he's saying is true then it's kinda sad that the way things have been going lately are enough to make him think he's done something wrong just because he's in a recognizable position. Poor guy.

This. There's a point where if you're going so far out of your way to not come off as an abuser that it might as well be considered self abuse. 

Echoing some of the other points here (and those made on FB), I can't really see what the huge uproar is about. Yes, maybe he did use his position of being 'famous' to his advantage with women, but then in ANY new encounter / relationship with a potential partner, aren't you always trying to show your best attributes to effectively make yourself seem appealing?! What next...? Because a guy hits the gym every day, and gets ripped, he isn't then allowed to use his physique to be more appealing to women?!?!

Whilst I am 100% for equality and everyone being on a level playing field, this just feels like PC feminist nonsense gone too far. Apologising for being a talented, charismatic, and sexually appealing artist, who women want to be with, is ridiculous. What if this was the other way around and it was a woman fronting a band who had been with people, in-part due to her fame and status? Maybe I am wrong, but I don't think we would be having this conversation, nor would the woman feel as though she had anything to apologise for. Unless he has actually pushed women into sexual encounters, in exchange for making promises of fame and fortune, and the like, I can't see the problem.

I've also met Evan before and saw him talking to many fans of all races, genders and ages, and couldn't see anything more than a genuinely excited and enthusiastic performer getting a buzz from meeting his fans.

Everyone needs to chill out, and just let people screw one other, if that's what both parties want to do.

Anyway, back to music... Still hoping for a new album within the next 12 months!

34 minutes ago, SE7EN said:

Echoing some of the other points here (and those made on FB), I can't really see what the huge uproar is about. Yes, maybe he did use his position of being 'famous' to his advantage with women, but then in ANY new encounter / relationship with a potential partner, aren't you always trying to show your best attributes to effectively make yourself seem appealing?! What next...? Because a guy hits the gym every day, and gets ripped, he isn't then allowed to use his physique to be more appealing to women?!?!

Whilst I am 100% for equality and everyone being on a level playing field, this just feels like PC feminist nonsense gone too far. Apologising for being a talented, charismatic, and sexually appealing artist, who women want to be with, is ridiculous. What if this was the other way around and it was a woman fronting a band who had been with people, in-part due to her fame and status? Maybe I am wrong, but I don't think we would be having this conversation, nor would the woman feel as though she had anything to apologise for. Unless he has actually pushed women into sexual encounters, in exchange for making promises of fame and fortune, and the like, I can't see the problem.

I've also met Evan before and saw him talking to many fans of all races, genders and ages, and couldn't see anything more than a genuinely excited and enthusiastic performer getting a buzz from meeting his fans.

Everyone needs to chill out, and just let people screw one other, if that's what both parties want to do.

Anyway, back to music... Still hoping for a new album within the next 12 months!

I haven't seen anyone actually seem upset about this, Evan is the only person I've seen post anything about this. Is there an outrage? I don't think so

Just now, SE7EN said:

Many of the 700+ people on the FB post seem pretty upset and opinionated!

Oh, I don't have a Facebook for that same reason. I don't think anyone even knows what this whole situation is about, at least I don't know where the accusation came from or what made Evan address whatever is he addressed 

Just now, Codyoster said:

Oh, I don't have a Facebook for that same reason. I don't think anyone even knows what this whole situation is about, at least I don't know where the accusation came from or what made Evan address whatever is he addressed 

Yes, definitely agree that without knowing the full story it's hard to say more right now. Guessing he feels that the other party may speak out at some point, otherwise why go public with that kind of statement.

2 hours ago, Codyoster said:

I haven't seen anyone actually seem upset about this, Evan is the only person I've seen post anything about this. Is there an outrage? I don't think so

2 hours ago, SE7EN said:

Many of the 700+ people on the FB post seem pretty upset and opinionated!

I saw folks on /r/IndieHeads have serious concern over this, and some people on Twitter saying rude things about Evan and implying he's some kind of legitimate sexual predator. Hope it doesn't go too far and ruin their career, or in the very least, album cycle.

46 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

I saw folks on /r/IndieHeads have serious concern over this, and some people on Twitter saying rude things about Evan and implying he's some kind of legitimate sexual predator. Hope it doesn't go too far and ruin their career, or in the very least, album cycle.

I don't get why people seem to get off over being outraged. Literally no proof or reason but the opportunity to be holy is too good to pass up I guess.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...