SCAMMER AMONGST US AKA HOMEWORK

MayCauseDeath

Serious question -- why does everyone here ask for $ to be sent as a gift instead of the paypal goods & services? Seems like its best for everyone to go the goods & services route. Asking for $ as a gift through paypal makes buyers nervous & they take all the risk. I sent $ as a gift before & havent been burned yet but it always makes me nervous anytime part of the deals i agree to are that i send $ as a gift instead of through goods & services

That is exactly what happened here. His great standing/rep was sent to many people with the link to his feedback and hooked me in in addition to many others. Was it wrong to friend the payment over? Clearly yes, however we all know that most people that are honest themselves tend to trust others. I am very trusting as is so many others here. It's just human nature. At the same time I have faith that Joey will do what it takes to make everyone whole by either paying them back or sending some records. This was a case of a good kid that made some mistakes. Cheers all

I tell people they can gift with confidence if they like or pay the fees. Because I've had so many people not pay the fees, then they pay $19 for an album and I get $16.

I know I am repeating myself but you have an awesome id name!!!!!

Serious question -- why does everyone here ask for $ to be sent as a gift instead of the paypal goods & services? Seems like its best for everyone to go the goods & services route. Asking for $ as a gift through paypal makes buyers nervous & they take all the risk. I sent $ as a gift before & havent been burned yet but it always makes me nervous anytime part of the deals i agree to are that i send $ as a gift instead of through goods & services

Also, I'm surprised no one has made an edgy joke along the lines of "guy with shitty taste in music does shitty thing" (that sounds familiar), or "Well...maybe you shouldn't be buying shitty records", seeing as he seems to be selling juvenile metalcore records and some brand new.

EDIT: Dude listen to The Devil Wears Prada AND Converge? Immediate red flag.

Red flag me forever

I guess I'm glad I saw this thread, as I've made a purchase from Homework as well. I don't generally jump to conclusions on people, even 10 days in to the order. Things happen, shipping can take longer than expected, people have lives. I wasn't really even bothered that I've gotten no tracking info - I don't need it and I never use it, and I didn't think about it till I saw this thread and went back to our messages and he said expect it in a few days.

I didn't gift, so this will be my first PayPal dispute ever and my sole VC order that didn't go through if I dont receive my records. Hope it doesn't come to that.

I am always baffled by this type of behavior, though. It's happened with various people on this site, not a lot, but a couple notable ones. Musicveins11 or something? This disappearing act thing. If something major happened in your life, fine. No one cares. You can't pretend like you 'forgot' you owed a bunch of people stuff, though. It shouldn't even be a 'what's going on with this guy' discussion. When you don't deliver things or just disappear, you kinda just dropped the ball and have to live with the results of that. You lost the privilege of asking people to be patient or being offended that people would insinuate that you're a bad person. Posting that giant ass post is okay, I guess - people know you're alive - but you didn't answer a lot of questions people had, and if you have time to write a post or lurk, people are most likely wondering why you're not using that time to refund people or ship records.

I REALLY don't understand this guy-on-the-side tactic of having someone else go 'everyone be patient guys, let's allow him time to come to the thread and respond, he's a good person etc'. Not trying to talk shit about you Jim, i just hope you can appreciate how much that sounds like you're making excuses for this person, and defending something that cannot be defended.

Anyway. Looking forward to receiving records. Hope everyone gets their stuff and/or money. Don't gift payments, folks.

Just wanted to say that Paypal disputes can't be reopened. So if you've opened a dispute and got a pending refund, it may be a good idea to wait to close until it goes through.

This should be read by everyone who already opened a dispute because although there are pending refunds, if his account is overdrawn, (which it probably is) they refunds will get denied and you will have to recoup the money through the dispute. So DO NOT close the dispute until the money is posted into your account fully and not as PENDING!

My pending refund is in reply to the dispute I think. If it is what will happen. I never have had to do a dispute so I don't really know how it works

The refund is not in issue to the dispute, it's him issuing a refund but normally refunds that have the funds in the account usually get posted same day. Wait till tomorrow and see but if it's still pending it's going to be denied. I think he refunded knowing he didn't have the funds and that they would just pend. Let's wait and see, but don't cancel your dispute until the money is in your account.

The only reason I ever ask for payment as a gift is from friends or people who are really new to the boards and have no established feedback or a really low post count. 

Wow.. If nothing got sent out, just open a resolution...

How about just refund everything you cant send? About 3 days ago..

Could have wrote everything has sold in the listing instead of hiding..

After you sold a few albums you really could have just stopped selling them....

Communication helps too

Sketchy business. Looks like im not getting chasing safety, or bn :/

I purchased chasing safety off him too

Got this delightful email today:

An eCheck payment [from Homework] was declined by the sender's bank. We will automatically try to process this payment again in 3 business days. It then usually takes 3-5 days for the money to be deposited into your account.

Said eCheck payment was my refunds.

I figured that would happen. Cool.

The refund is not in issue to the dispute, it's him issuing a refund but normally refunds that have the funds in the account usually get posted same day. Wait till tomorrow and see but if it's still pending it's going to be denied. I think he refunded knowing he didn't have the funds and that they would just pend. Let's wait and see, but don't cancel your dispute until the money is in your account.

I've issued a refund before where the funds never left my PayPal account. I refunded him the same day that he sent it. Still took three days to fully be back into his account again.