SCAMMER AMONGST US AKA HOMEWORK

MayCauseDeath

And he said allow 2 to 3 days for shipping in my msgs.

He said the same thing to me. it's been about 10 hours since he's read and not responded to my messages. I'm waiting patiently, but it doesn't take this long to message people back or to even step foot in this topic and say "Hey my bad! I'll straighten things out with all of the buyers asap" it feels like he's just wasting time. You either have everyones records or you don't and if you don't you either have the money to refund everyone or you don't. And I'd like to know that information from him so I know how to proceed.

He said the same thing to me. it's been about 10 hours since he's read and not responded to my messages. I'm waiting patiently, but it doesn't take this long to message people back or to even step foot in this topic and say "Hey my bad! I'll straighten things out with all of the buyers asap" it feels like he's just wasting time. You either have everyones records or you don't and if you don't you either have the money to refund everyone or you don't. And I'd like to know that information from him so I know how to proceed.

Yea I know I sent two messages on here and one on paypal

it's been about 10 hours since he's read and not responded to my messages. 

First, I'm not calling you out for a second. And I don't know this cat and agree that it's arguably sketchy and folks are on the hook for cash.

But I have to say that one of the thinks I hate about technology is that people know when I've seen a message and feel that means I need to respond to them immediately. 

I've got shit to do. I get a notification that I've gotten a message and I read it. Maybe I'm at the bar, maybe I'm working late...why do I owe you a response in under 10 hours. If there's money involved, yeah, I would expect a reply in 24 hours or I'd start to get pissed.

But there are a few things here that gives me pause. Much of this happened over Xmas and New Years, and some folks are worried about stuff they ordered 3 days ago.

If I was in your situation, I'd be getting antsy, but c'mon man...I get busy. Maybe I don't get around to responding to your email for a day or two. 

All that being said, there's only one person who can make this right.

First, I'm not calling you out for a second. And I don't know this cat and agree that it's arguably sketchy and folks are on the hook for cash.

But I have to say that one of the thinks I hate about technology is that people know when I've seen a message and feel that means I need to respond to them immediately.

I've got shit to do. I get a notification that I've gotten a message and I read it. Maybe I'm at the bar, maybe I'm working late...why do I owe you a response in under 10 hours. If there's money involved, yeah, I would expect a reply in 24 hours or I'd start to get pissed.

But there are a few things here that gives me pause. Much of this happened over Xmas and New Years, and some folks are worried about stuff they ordered 3 days ago.

If I was in your situation, I'd be getting antsy, but c'mon man...I get busy. Maybe I don't get around to responding to your email for a day or two.

It's been 4 days and he hasn't responded to a single one. So i don't need to know he read it to KNOW he read it. He's not working he's just avoiding everyone.

Also on normal situation I think what your saying is completely normal and I agree, however when people are messaging you about ripping them off, and asking if you are a legitimate seller. I think that merits a immediate response. If I got a message like that I would respond immediately to save face and correct the issue. Not read it and go eh fuck it I'll finish playing sodoku then play a game of Pokemon before I respond.

I think you misunderstood me it hasn't just been 10 hours it's been 5 days since I last heard from him after buying a record from him. It's been 10 hours since he's finally read my messages from 5 days ago and the 2 messages I sent since then. Am I owed a response now!?

So crazy when people decide to do this kind of thing. I sold him some RSD stuff a few years ago. He was in the military at that time, stationed somewhere overseas. Everything was fine, he paid right away and held good communication throughout.

The only thing you can really do is never pay as a gift and you'll be safe in the end.

My fiance bought a copy of Constellations from him on Discogs shortly before Christmas. It did arrive on time and it was sealed. We just checked and that account was deleted.

I was interested a month or so ago when he was selling all his ACB variants, then a week or so ago he listed them all again, after I know some of the first batch sold. I thought that was a little weird... I didn't end up buying anything though.

I saw the same thing but figured a deal fell through or something... this whole thing is really strange.

I think you misunderstood me it hasn't just been 10 hours it's been 5 days since I last heard from him after buying a record from him. It's been 10 hours since he's finally read my messages from 5 days ago and the 2 messages I sent since then. Am I owed a response now!?

Yeah, you've got a legit grievance, and it wasn't my intention to suggest that you didn't. Five days without a response is not cool.

My point is that just because I'm in front of a computer due to my job and own a cell phone doesn't mean I owe people instant responses. This is made worse when you can see that I saw your message.

For you folks, I truly hope this ends up a guy living on both sides of the world, getting jammed up, and making right on things.

But people do need to realize that shit happens, people have lives and maybe I get back to you after two days.

Yeah I'm patient with people I don't expect an instant reply but I got multiple messages from other members who asked if I had any communication with him because they saw that I visited his profile and all of us hadn't heard from him in awhile. And there seems to be alot of money on the line for everyone on top of his sales topics being deleted or hidden and if we are all wrong and just being paranoid then I would think he would make an attempt to explain his side of things on here or privately but no such attempt has been made so it doesn't look very good.

My fiance bought a copy of Constellations from him on Discogs shortly before Christmas. It did arrive on time and it was sealed. We just checked and that account was deleted.

I saw the same thing but figured a deal fell through or something... this whole thing is really strange.

The deletion of accounts and threads is to avoid letting negative feedback to be posted. If it's deleted you can't leave feedback for that thread. That is why he has pristine reviews is because he deletes the ones he scams on and I think it stops negative feedback. I just found his discogs account and it has 55+ feedback all positive. It honestly makes no sense. In my mind I have been 100% shown we are all getting ripped off and only time will show that I am right. I hate to say it and I wish I am wrong.

Wasn't homework super shady or weird years ago?

Regardless, did all of you pay as gift or are you all just wanting the records he may never have had?

Did he require payment as gift? That is always a red flag. There is no reason to ever pay as gift. If someone wants an amount sent as gift and it's more than a certain amount, I always calculate the fee and pay the full amount. A few bucks is a small price to pay for the insurance.

Wasn't homework super shady or weird years ago?

Regardless, did all of you pay as gift or are you all just wanting the records he may never have had?

Did he require payment as gift? That is always a red flag. There is no reason to ever pay as gift. If someone wants an amount sent as gift and it's more than a certain amount, I always calculate the fee and pay the full amount. A few bucks is a small price to pay for the insurance.

He asked if I could because he said His account had hit the yearly maximum or I had to wait til January 1st. I waited till January first, paid a portion as goods/services then another record as a gift after reading all his great reviews. Then I bought a 3rd record and sent it as goods/services because I then thought this may be too good to be true. Sure enough, it was too good to be true and now he is getting 80$ of mine that I will never get back!

I paid goods and services I have to really know you and have dealt with you multiple times to even consider paying as a gift and even then it would have to be a low amount. So I'm guessing he's not messaging all of us or explaining anything today. To wait and see what tomorrow holds? Or to open a Paypal claim. I really just want him to send the record. If he has it that is, then I'd be happy. But with no communication on his end it makes everything a little harder. Jeez just man up to whatever's going on and put our minds at ease or if were screwed just get it over with and let us know...seriously.

He asked if I could because he said His account had hit the yearly maximum or I had to wait til January 1st. I waited till January first, paid a portion as goods/services then another record as a gift after reading all his great reviews. Then I bought a 3rd record and sent it as goods/services because I then thought this may be too good to be true. Sure enough, it was too good to be true and now he is getting 80$ of mine that I will never get back!

he told me the same thing too about paying on the 1st but didn't ask to pay as gift so I just did goods and services

You can try getting a payment reversal with your bank. Paypal advised me to do that with a case where I accidentally put the second half of a payment as gift, I called my bank and the opened up an investigation. I cancelled it after the seller sent me tracking though

Worth a shot

I paid goods and services I have to really know you and have dealt with you multiple times to even consider paying as a gift and even then it would have to be a low amount. So I'm guessing he's not messaging all of us or explaining anything today. To wait and see what tomorrow holds? Or to open a Paypal claim. I really just want him to send the record. If he has it that is, then I'd be happy. But with no communication on his end it makes everything a little harder. Jeez just man up to whatever's going on and put our minds at ease or if were screwed just get it over with and let us know...seriously.

He has been online and is aware of this whole situation 100% there has been a phone conversation with him. The reason he is avoiding every single one of us other than the one that tracked him down, shows that he is running with our money. If he wasn't all he would have to do is come in here and say HEY SHIT I AM SORRY I HAVE BEEN AWAY I WILL GET EVERYONE SQUARED AWAY! SORRY!!! But he is not going to do that because that's not going to happen.

He has been online and is aware of this whole situation 100% there has been a phone conversation with him. The reason he is avoiding every single one of us other than the one that tracked him down, shows that he is running with our money. If he wasn't all he would have to do is come in here and say HEY SHIT I AM SORRY I HAVE BEEN AWAY I WILL GET EVERYONE SQUARED AWAY! SORRY!!! But he is not going to do that because that's not going to happen.

1. PayPal claim

2. Bank dispute

3. Leave negative feedback

4. Don't ever pay as gift again.

It sucks he scammed people, but you now know what not to do.

Sadly, I feel like that's exactly what's going on.

So I didn't realize this until right now, but the account I went through with this:

http://www.discogs.com/forum/thread/702433

is the same person as this "HOMEWORK". Same name on PayPal and everything. See the post made by Hamptonio, and compare to the name of the PayPal you paid to when sending a payment to HOMEWORK. Same name.

I bought from HOMEWORK directly here on VC on December 29, and a tracking number was added to my order on PayPal; but the number has not updated at all past "pre shipment info sent to USPS." I feel like this is an illegitimate tracking number now, after connecting the names together.

Buyers beware. I don't trust this seller one bit after this.

ALWAYS ASK FOR PERSONAL PICTURES.

Mother fucker...

I saw that account pop up on Discogs and figured it was a scammer with the prices/records they had listed, but had no idea it was the same name on Paypal. That's sketchy as fuck.

I bought a fairly rare record from him back in October and received it no problems, so I didn't question anything this time around. Luckily still sent payment as goods and services for the peace of mind, so I'm not too worried about getting my money back in time. I'll give him a week just to give him a chance to get things squared away with everyone. What a bummer. Selling off his collection and then taking all that he could extra along with him on the way out I guess?